    I have run AVG ANTISPYWARE a number of times and have found nothing. AVG
    ANTIVIRUS comes up with "virus found host" which it then heals. However the
    above two warnings continue to come up. I'm at a loss as to what I can do.
    steve, Sep 15, 2007

  2. steve wrote:
    > The small yellow system security triangle comes up with a warning that
    > "windows has detected spyware..." I also get a "windows security alert"
    > referring to "potential spyware ........click to download spyware removal
    > software" If I click then I am asked to download something called
    > "protect.trustedvirus".
    >
    > I have run AVG ANTISPYWARE a number of times and have found nothing. AVG
    > ANTIVIRUS comes up with "virus found host" which it then heals. However the
    > above two warnings continue to come up. I'm at a loss as to what I can do.

    There's no such (valid) error message as "Windows has detected spyware".
    Have you tried Spybot Search and Destroy? Or Adaware? Or you may need to
    go through the HiJackThis routine. Don't download software from such a
    bogus site as "protect.trustedvirus". I didn't see anything on Google,
    but it stinks to high heaven.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 15, 2007

  3. steve

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use Remove-it version 13, it's fast and free. It now has over 4000
    signatures to remove All variants of Rogue scanners, Desktop/Homepage
    Hijackers, Trojans, Codec's, and related Malware/Spyware. New Feature,
    Remove-it will now update your hosts file. This tool is designed to
    Specifically remove all variants. Scan time is about 2 minutes. Designed for
    Windows 2000/XP only. Password is still required.
    First read this page http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then use the email
    link on the bottom of the page to receive the software.

    Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    Feedback is very important to the development of Remove-it.
    Let me know how it works. Send feedback here

    pcbutts1, Sep 15, 2007
  4. steve

    Leythos Guest

    In article <fcgle9$21k$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > Remove-it will now update your hosts file.

    Yes, it specifically blocks quality malware fighting sites so that you
    can't download quality tools.

    Ask yourself if you really want to download from a site that support
    exposing kids to porn and other filth.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS1.COM that
    create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
    at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Sep 15, 2007