    told that it was a hoax.

    Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?

    TIA, JeffK

    JeffK, Aug 12, 2003

  2. JeffK

    Martin Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK"
    <> wrote:

    >I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a teddy bear
    >icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's supposed to spread
    >
    >I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon after
    >told that it was a hoax.
    >
    >Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?

    Yes it is a well known hoax

    Martin, Aug 12, 2003

  3. JeffK

    Patrick Guest

    JeffK wrote:
    > I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a
    > teddy bear icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's
    > supposed to spread
    >
    > I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon
    > after told that it was a hoax.
    >
    > Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?
    >
    > TIA, JeffK

    It's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax

    Apparently it dosn't matter a lot if you do delete it, because it's just a
    file used by proggramers.

    It's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a h....

    Patrick, Aug 12, 2003
  4. H O A X

    IAA Architecten T. Zoetebier, Aug 12, 2003
  5. JeffK

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK" <>
    scribbled:

    >I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a teddy bear
    >icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's supposed to spread
    >
    >I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon after
    >told that it was a hoax.
    >
    >Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?

    You were already told it was a hoax and now you want to be told
    it's a hoax again?

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Aug 12, 2003
  6. JeffK

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:27:01 +0100, "Patrick" <>
    scribbled:

    >-= Hawk =- wrote:
    >> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK"
    >> <> scribbled:
    >>
    >>> I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a
    >>> teddy bear icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's
    >>> supposed to spread
    >>>
    >>> I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was
    >>> soon after told that it was a hoax.
    >>>
    >>> Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?

    >> You were already told it was a hoax and now you want to be told
    >> it's a hoax again?

    >Are you refering to another thread by the OP or this thread, because the the
    >OP has certainly been told (and understood) in this thread.

    Are you a complete and utter moron or is it you just can't fucking
    comprehend what you read?

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Aug 12, 2003
  7. JeffK

    Patrick Guest

    -= Hawk =- wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:27:01 +0100, "Patrick" <>
    > scribbled:
    >
    >> -= Hawk =- wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK"
    >>> <> scribbled:

    >>> You were already told it was a hoax and now you want to be told
    >>> it's a hoax again?

    >> Are you refering to another thread by the OP or this thread, because
    >> the the OP has certainly been told (and understood) in this thread.

    > Are you a complete and utter moron or is it you just can't fucking
    > comprehend what you read?

    Quote from second post of OP (~2hrs prior to your post);

    OK everyone I now know it's a HOAX. I suspected it was, but wanted to check!
    Thanks!

    Unquote:

    So, 'Dickie bird', why not afford an apology to the OP and myself ?
    (or just fly away !).

    Patrick, Aug 12, 2003
  8. JeffK

    jc Guest

    who said she/he wasn't a programmer.....? but yes it is a hoax so don't
    delete it...if u delete it, it might mess up anything to with java.....even
    running sites with java......i know someone that deleted it awhile ago and
    end up having that problem...even if u do happen to delete it, it is easy to
    get back...............

    jc, Aug 12, 2003
  9. JeffK

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:05:34 +0100, "Patrick" <>
    scribbled:

    >-= Hawk =- wrote:
    >> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:27:01 +0100, "Patrick" <>
    >> scribbled:

    >>> Are you refering to another thread by the OP or this thread, because
    >>> the the OP has certainly been told (and understood) in this thread.

    >> Are you a complete and utter moron or is it you just can't fucking
    >> comprehend what you read?

    >Quote from second post of OP (~2hrs prior to your post);

    Am I replying to his 2nd post, imbecile? Maybe I didn't even SEE
    his second post, shitlips. Did you ever THINK of that?

    >So, 'Dickie bird', why not afford an apology to the OP and myself ?

    I'm sorry you're such a fucking moron. I'm sorry you don't grasp
    the distributed medium that usenet is. I'm sorry you can't comprehend
    what you read. I'm sorry your mother gave birth to you. I'm sorry your
    father didn't wear a condom.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Aug 12, 2003
  10. JeffK

    JeffK Guest

    Re: virus or hoax? response to Hawk

    I suspected it was a hoax, but thought this might have been a real virus
    with a similar name to the one I encountered 6 months ago, SO I WANTED TO
    CHECK!! (Why do you have a problem with this?) As soon as I was reassured
    that it WAS a hoax I posted a second message thanking people for their
    help - so, again: what's your problem?

    Why does this newsgroup have so many posters that have nothing much useful
    to say, that I can see, but seem keen to attack & criticize others?
    Obviously I'm not as clever or knowledgeable as you, but then I doubt if
    you've met many people who you thought were at your level!

    Go on - flame away. You know you want to!!

    JeffK, Aug 13, 2003
  11. JeffK

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Re: virus or hoax? response to Hawk

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:35:59 +0100, "JeffK" <>
    scribbled:

    >Go on - flame away. You know you want to!!

    Naa, no sense picking on the mentally deficient.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Aug 13, 2003
  12. Re: virus or hoax? response to Hawk

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:31:27 GMT, While I was using pressure to stop the
    bleeding, -= Hawk =- <> posted:
    ..
    >On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:35:59 +0100, "JeffK" <>
    >scribbled:
    >
    >>Go on - flame away. You know you want to!!

    >Naa, no sense picking on the mentally deficient.

    That has not stopped SOME people on this NG.

    Bill Schowengerdt, Aug 13, 2003
  13. JeffK

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as JeffK continued:

    > I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a
    > teddy bear icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's
    > supposed to spread
    >
    > I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon
    > after told that it was a hoax.
    >
    > Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?
    >
    > TIA, JeffK

    Hey JeffK don't forget to check back again the next time one of your dumbass
    friends advises you to delete it.

    And I'd see the doctor about getting some more memory installed.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 14, 2003
  14. JeffK

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Patrick continued:

    > -= Hawk =- wrote:
    >> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK"
    >> <> scribbled:
    >>
    >>> I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a
    >>> teddy bear icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's
    >>> supposed to spread
    >>>
    >>> I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was
    >>> soon after told that it was a hoax.
    >>>
    >>> Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about
    >>> this?

    >> You were already told it was a hoax and now you want to be told
    >> it's a hoax again?

    > Are you refering to another thread by the OP or this thread, because
    > the the OP has certainly been told (and understood) in this thread.

    I wouldn't start contradicting and picking holes in other peoples' posts
    /just/ yet.

    "i'd wait until I knew what I was talking about first."
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 14, 2003
  15. "slumpy" <> wrote:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as Patrick continued:
    >
    >> -= Hawk =- wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK"
    >>> <> scribbled:

    >>> You were already told it was a hoax and now you want to be told
    >>> it's a hoax again?

    >> Are you refering to another thread by the OP or this thread, because
    >> the the OP has certainly been told (and understood) in this thread.

    >I wouldn't start contradicting and picking holes in other peoples' posts
    >/just/ yet.
    >
    >"i'd wait until I knew what I was talking about first."

    Classic PKB, Stimpy.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 18, 2003