virus nonsense

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. David wrote:

    > Maybe I'm just cynical, but it appears to be the virus protection
    > companies who are making money creating them???

    Fucking crapola. There are plenty of FREE and reputable virus checkers.

    > The level this activity is now at has started to put many small
    > companies off staying online and a reversal of technology use is
    > taking place.

    Oh, get fucked and drop dead horribly, you fucking whining ninny.

    David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter, Jul 5, 2004

  2. David wrote:

    > PC is running very slow, especially on web. HDD reporting as very low in
    > space then suddenly appearing to go from ~500Mb free to 5Gb free space.
    > Cannot get virus checks to resolve problem. Any recommendations on where to
    > go to get rid?
    >
    > Maybe I'm just cynical, but it appears to be the virus protection companies
    > who are making money creating them???
    >
    > The level this activity is now at has started to put many small companies
    > off staying online and a reversal of technology use is taking place. F T I

    Have you perhaps considered that your long dependence on an unsecure
    webbrowser has left your OS filled with spyware and other crap?

    Run a scan with an updated spybot, see if that turns up anything.

    --
    Groeten/Regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    Jeroen Wijnands, Jul 5, 2004

  3. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    Buffalo Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > PC is running very slow, especially on web. HDD reporting as very low in
    > space then suddenly appearing to go from ~500Mb free to 5Gb free space.
    > Cannot get virus checks to resolve problem. Any recommendations on where

    > go to get rid?
    >
    > Maybe I'm just cynical, but it appears to be the virus protection

    companies
    > who are making money creating them???
    >
    > The level this activity is now at has started to put many small companies
    > off staying online and a reversal of technology use is taking place. F T

    What program are you running to check the free space on your HDD?

    Free online virus scanners:
    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

    Free spyware and adware finders and preventers:
    I use all three.
    Download,install,update and then run:

    AdAware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Spyware Blaster

    David, Jul 5, 2004
  5. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    Stickems Guest

    You are wise to be cynical.

    Stickems, Jul 5, 2004
  6. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    DC Guest

    David wrote:

    [...]

    > The level this activity is now at has started to put many small companies
    > off staying online and a reversal of technology use is taking place.

    AH! So *that's* what Microsoft means by innovation. Gotcha.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

    DC, Jul 5, 2004
  7. DC wrote:

    > David wrote:

    > [...]

    >> The level this activity is now at has started to put many small companies
    >> off staying online and a reversal of technology use is taking place.

    > AH! So *that's* what Microsoft means by innovation. Gotcha.

    No more conflict there than with their apparent concept of "security".

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 5, 2004
  8. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > DC wrote:

    >> David wrote:

    >> [...]

    >>> The level this activity is now at has started to put many small companies
    >>> off staying online and a reversal of technology use is taking place.

    >> AH! So *that's* what Microsoft means by innovation. Gotcha.

    > No more conflict there than with their apparent concept of "security".

    But, you gotta admit that firewall is sure something. };O)

    http:/dcmoose.fateback.com/news/windows-firewall.jpg

    DC, Jul 5, 2004
  9. DC wrote:

    > David wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >

    >>The level this activity is now at has started to put many small companies
    >>off staying online and a reversal of technology use is taking place.

    > AH! So *that's* what Microsoft means by innovation. Gotcha.

    LMAO

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 5, 2004
  10. DC spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>
    > But, you gotta admit that firewall is sure something. };O)
    >
    > http:/dcmoose.fateback.com/news/windows-firewall.jpg

    LOL

    (I must swipe that. :) )

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Jul 5, 2004
  11. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    DC Guest

    DC wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> DC wrote:

    >>> David wrote:

    >>> [...]

    >>> AH! So *that's* what Microsoft means by innovation. Gotcha.

    >> No more conflict there than with their apparent concept of "security".

    > But, you gotta admit that firewall is sure something. };O)

    > http://dcmoose.fateback.com/news/windows-firewall.jpg

    <oink>

    Whoops. Farkled the link (fixed).

    DC, Jul 5, 2004
  12. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    Scraggy Guest

    DC wrote:
    > DC wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> No more conflict there than with their apparent concept of
    >>> "security".

    >> But, you gotta admit that firewall is sure something. };O)

    >> http://dcmoose.fateback.com/news/windows-firewall.jpg

    > <oink>
    >
    > Whoops. Farkled the link (fixed).

    I do so enjoy a good Farkle. lol

    Scraggy, Jul 5, 2004
  13. DC wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>DC wrote:

    >>>David wrote:

    >>>[...]

    >>>AH! So *that's* what Microsoft means by innovation. Gotcha.

    >>No more conflict there than with their apparent concept of "security".

    > But, you gotta admit that firewall is sure something. };O)
    >
    > http:/dcmoose.fateback.com/news/windows-firewall.jpg

    ROTFLOLSTC

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 5, 2004
  14. Scraggy wrote:
    > DC wrote:
    >> DC wrote:

    >>> But, you gotta admit that firewall is sure something. };O)

    >>> http://dcmoose.fateback.com/news/windows-firewall.jpg

    >> <oink>

    >> Whoops. Farkled the link (fixed).

    > I do so enjoy a good Farkle. lol

    And moose farkle? Farkle doesn't get any better than that. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 5, 2004
  15. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Scraggy wrote:
    >> DC wrote:

    >>> <oink>

    >>> Whoops. Farkled the link (fixed).

    >> I do so enjoy a good Farkle. lol

    > And moose farkle? Farkle doesn't get any better than that. :)

    Maybe I should change my nym to Farkwinkle. It's been one of those
    weeks. }:OD

    DC, Jul 5, 2004
  16. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    Plato Guest

    David wrote:

    > PC is running very slow, especially on web. HDD reporting as very low in
    > space then suddenly appearing to go from ~500Mb free to 5Gb free space.

    It appears do dont have enough free space on your hard drive for a
    proper swap file. It appears that your browser is also auto-deleting
    it's cache files.

    > Maybe I'm just cynical, but it appears to be the virus protection companies
    > who are making money creating them???

    No need to. Enough nasty boys do it for free as a hobby.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 5, 2004
  17. DC wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Scraggy wrote:

    >>> I do so enjoy a good Farkle. lol

    >> And moose farkle? Farkle doesn't get any better than that. :)

    > Maybe I should change my nym to Farkwinkle. It's been one of those
    > weeks. }:OD

    Somehow, that made me think of "Fartwhisper". I like it. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 6, 2004