    why will it not start up with restore enabled? is my anti virus prog
    stopping it ?
    any suggestion would be appreciated..by the way I am running windows me.
    David Green, Jan 28, 2005

  2. David Green

    PuppyKatt Guest

    As far as I know, when you check the box to disable system restore, all of
    your restore points are deleted. Reboot the computer, run the virus scan
    again, then turn back on the restore function (uncheck the box). Then,
    create a new restore point. That should do it.

    PuppyKatt, Jan 28, 2005

  3. David Green

    Plato Guest

    David Green wrote:

    > hi all. apparently I have 7 Trojans in my system restore folder. I have
    > disabled system restore done a virus scan and it picks them up but says that
    > they cannot be got rid of...do I have tried to enable restore so it will
    > purge the folder on start up but it still remains disabled when restarted.
    > why will it not start up with restore enabled? is my anti virus prog
    > stopping it ?
    > any suggestion would be appreciated..by the way I am running windows me.

    Delete the _restore folder on C: then try again.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 28, 2005
  4. David Green

    elaich Guest

    "David Green" <> wrote in

    > hi all. apparently I have 7 Trojans in my system restore folder. I
    > have disabled system restore done a virus scan and it picks them up
    > but says that they cannot be got rid of...do I have tried to enable
    > restore so it will purge the folder on start up but it still remains
    > disabled when restarted. why will it not start up with restore
    > enabled? is my anti virus prog stopping it ?
    > any suggestion would be appreciated..by the way I am running windows
    > me.

    99% it's a false positive. Don't worry about it. What AV are you using?

    Disable System Restore and delete the _Restore folder. It will come back
    but will be empty.
    elaich, Jan 28, 2005
  5. David Green

    Plato Guest

    elaich wrote:

    > > hi all. apparently I have 7 Trojans in my system restore folder. I
    > > have disabled system restore done a virus scan and it picks them up
    > > but says that they cannot be got rid of...do I have tried to enable
    > > restore so it will purge the folder on start up but it still remains
    > > disabled when restarted. why will it not start up with restore
    > > enabled? is my anti virus prog stopping it ?
    > > any suggestion would be appreciated..by the way I am running windows
    > > me.

    no, the virus's do reside in system restore.

    Plato, Jan 28, 2005