    day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall on, but this
    is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from reaching my email
    inbox??
    Jan Lanceley, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Jan Lanceley

    Bareill Guest

    Try scanning through the newsgroups.Everyone is talking about this so just follow the threads.
    Have you tried looking down the posts on this newsgroup?

    Bareill, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Jan Lanceley

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:37:36 +0100, Jan Lanceley wrote:

    >Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of them a
    >day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall on, but this

    Better off using another firewall the XP one is very basic. It's more
    likely NAV has picked them up.

    >is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from reaching my email
    >inbox??

    Umm.... generally.....

    1. Not to use account name / working addy in posts to a public
    international group where spammers harvest addresses.

    2. Create an alias for your account first.
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/selfcare/

    3. Munge (hide) your email address.
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml
    Configure your applications with munged address
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/email/
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/newsgroups/

    Me
    why?, Sep 20, 2003
  4. On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:37:36 +0100, "Jan Lanceley"
    <> wrote:

    >Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of them a
    >day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall on, but this
    >is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from reaching my email
    >inbox??

    Oh bother you just reminded me I turned firewall off to upload to
    website.
    Thanks Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Jan Lanceley

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jan Lanceley continued:

    > Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of
    > them a day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall
    > on, but this is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from
    > reaching my email inbox??

    Read the hundreds of posts on the same subject so far this month,
    perhaps ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Sep 20, 2003
  6. I Had the same problem and I change my Email Address.

    Kev

    Jack the Ripper, Sep 20, 2003
  7. Jan Lanceley

    Jan Lanceley Guest