    Steve

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

    Steve 'Wacko', Jun 27, 2003

  2. Steve 'Wacko'

    riz Guest

    http://housecall.antivirus.com
    try this.

    riz, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Steve 'Wacko'

    Mara Guest

    http://www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/worms.html

    >TIA
    >
    >Steve

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    You need to disable system restore.

    Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;263455

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:47:50 +0100, in
    <bdg430$jqu$>
    Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 27, 2003
  5. Steve 'Wacko'

    trout Guest

    Steve 'Wacko' wrote:

    > Mike.........yet again you come to my rescue ;-)))
    >
    > Have I got this right, I dont actually have a virus but I am just
    > using to much memory........

    Whatever you are using to clean the virus can't do the job, if your
    system is trying to protect and save a back-up of it.

    --
    "What are *you* looking at?"

    trout, Jun 28, 2003
  6. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    You HAD a virus, but your antivirus is reporting it in
    your system restore folder. This folder is protected
    by the system from being altered or otherwise manipulated,
    hence your AV cannot clean it. You must disable the
    system restore, which will purge the folder. If you do
    not do this, and use a system restore to correct a problem,
    the virus that is STILL in it may re-infect your computer.
    It has nothing to do with memory.

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:47:13 +0100, in
    <bdikt8$bef$>
    Steve 'Wacko' scrawled: