    problem?

    Thanks!
    , Jul 30, 2004

  2. Sonic Guest

    Do a search in this group for Spyware....

    Sonic, Jul 30, 2004

  3. no way Guest

    Sonic wrote:

    > Do a search in this group for Spyware....
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>For the past several days, some kind of pop up ad has hijacked my home
    >>page. If I reset it to Google.com, it changes back to this pop up ad
    >>when I launch IE again. I have XP and use IE 6 as my browser.
    >>
    >>Is this related to teh Doom virus?? Anyone know how I can stop this
    >>problem?
    >>
    >>Thanks!

    You need to get a copy of hi-this from spychecker.com under anti-spam
    programs run it remove occurances of the www web page first secondly get
    some sort of popup blocking software put into ie6. If you ever get popup
    boxes always close them with cnt-alt-del. In many cases the jokers put
    some sort of function to launch a code in active x or java or vbs to
    attack your pc my dad got one on mine awhile back was a pain in the ass
    to remove after he got it here.
    no way, Aug 1, 2004
  4. no way Guest

    no way wrote:

    > Sonic wrote:
    >
    >> Do a search in this group for Spyware....
    >>

    >> <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> For the past several days, some kind of pop up ad has hijacked my home
    >>> page. If I reset it to Google.com, it changes back to this pop up ad
    >>> when I launch IE again. I have XP and use IE 6 as my browser.
    >>>
    >>> Is this related to teh Doom virus?? Anyone know how I can stop this
    >>> problem?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!

    > You need to get a copy of hi-this from spychecker.com under anti-spam
    > programs run it remove occurances of the www web page first secondly get
    > some sort of popup blocking software put into ie6. If you ever get popup
    > boxes always close them with cnt-alt-del. In many cases the jokers put
    > some sort of function to launch a code in active x or java or vbs to
    > attack your pc my dad got one on mine awhile back was a pain in the ass
    > to remove after he got it here.

    still thunderbird meant hijack this
    no way, Aug 2, 2004