Virus Finds Holes In Microsoft System

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tech, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Tech

    Tech Guest

    anon July 21, 2004 Sacramento, Calif. --

    Microsoft is addressing its latest security breach, but some experts
    say it may be too little and too late for some consumers.

    The U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team, or CERT, issued an alert
    last month, warning Internet Explorer users of holes in Microsoft's
    system.

    Biznerds computer consultant John Marcotte says the latest virus is
    particularly bad.

    "This is a virus that was specifically tailored to steal from the
    American consumer," Marcotte said.

    And consumers don't have to do anything wrong to get the virus. All
    they have to do is visit a Web site that is hosted by an infected
    server. If it infects your computer, it can capture financial account
    numbers, user names and passwords.

    "Its damage is going to be done when you check your bank account
    balance, and you notice that all your money is gone," Marcotte said.

    *"The quickest solution and best solution is to use alternative
    browsers,"* Chow said.

    http://www.thekcrachannel.com/call3/3561409/detail.html

    --
    __

    Tech, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Tech

    claw Guest

    Plonk! Plonk! Plonk!

    claw, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Tech

    jils Guest

    wow. amazing. tailored to steal from the american consumer.
    phew. what a relief. as i'm not american, i guess it can't affect me, right?

    jils, Jul 23, 2004