    delected everything possible to delete.
    Who knows? Maybe I was using Norton incorrectly however I will tell you that
    this "cat's eye" RAV is EFFICIENT.

    radiosigs, Jun 25, 2003

  2. radiosigs

    °Mike° Guest

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    Gladiator
    http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:17:22 -0400, in
    <bdcauh$ge8$>
    radiosigs scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 25, 2003

  3. radiosigs

    ImhoTech Guest

    "radiosigs" <> wrote in message
    > Do you suffer from a cranky PC as I did? Do you use Norton AV2003 as I did
    > and still encounter a cranky PC?

    What the **** is a 'cranky' pc?! Translation : You have no clue what's
    wrong.

    > Well unless I'm wrong, and I stand ready to accept replies, Norton detects
    > but doesn't delete garbage until one goes onto their site, chooses the

    right
    > virus removal tool, and then proceeds to pluck.

    You're wrong.

    > However has anyone heard of RAV? While scanning GOOGLE for virus detection

    > came across the Reliable Anti Virus site, uninstalled Norton and stuck in
    > theirs.

    Ah, so thats your game, shilling for RAV.

    > What I found is while Norton told me I was virus clean, RAV found 21
    > of them, mostly the 32 Klez and a few other weirdos.

    Hmm so you managed to be using NAV 2003 with definitions dated before April
    of 2002? Or you got infected BEFORE you tried installing NAV.

    >But what was neat about
    > it was that once the detection pops up, I was given a choice of what do do
    > with the infections-delete, clean or quarantine.

    You mean like Norton does?

    >By the way, some were
    > unable to delete immediately so I chose the option offered by RAV and

    after
    > completing the scan, I simply went on to ADVANCED AND QUARANTINED and
    > delected everything possible to delete.
    > Who knows? Maybe I was using Norton incorrectly however I will tell you

    that
    > this "cat's eye" RAV is EFFICIENT.

    What do you mean "who knows" pretty damned obvious you were either using it
    wrong or never used NAV at all.

    ImhoTech, Jun 25, 2003
  4. radiosigs

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as radiosigs continued:

    > What I found is while Norton told me I
    > was virus clean, RAV found 21 of them, mostly the 32 Klez and a few
    > other weirdos.

    I smell bullshit just around this point.

    > But what was neat about it was that once the detection
    > pops up, I was given a choice of what do do with the
    > infections-delete, clean or quarantine.

    Every program I have ever seen had those options so Whooppee.

    > Who knows? Maybe I was using Norton incorrectly however I will tell
    > you that this "cat's eye" RAV is EFFICIENT.

    Or possibly you are on commission...

    Pardon me for sounding suspicious but if you read this out over the radio
    you would be advertising. If I received it from you as an email it would be
    considered spamming.

    "Someting jest don't smell right round heer, Paw"
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 25, 2003