    of. Is there anyway to get rid of this virus or can I just delete the files
    without messing up my computer? I use Windows Me.
    Thank you

    wntw, Dec 2, 2003

  2. wntw

    Harrison Guest

    It's not a virus, but it is annoying adware.
    See here for manual removal instructions.
    http://tinyurl.com/xcsr

    Then do this.
    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Harrison, Dec 2, 2003

  3. wntw

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=ADW_RULEDOR.C

    Shorter link:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?G26A152B6

    Install, update and run the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:38:18 -0500, in
    <>
    wntw scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 2, 2003
  4. wntw

    wntw Guest

    I have spybot already installed and have run it. It found many spyware files
    and registry keys that were affected. I deleted them using the spybot
    cleaner, then my browser wouldn't load. It wouldn't find the websites I
    would try to open. It wouldn't load IExplorer. Thank you for the reply.

    wntw, Dec 2, 2003
  5. wntw

    °Mike° Guest

    You need more than just SpyBot S&D. Take my advice and
    install, update and use the others, too.

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:34:34 -0500, in
    <>
    wntw scrawled:

    °Mike°, Dec 2, 2003
  6. wntw

    wntw Guest

    I also have spyblaster and currently downloading adware. Are these files ok
    to delete?

    wntw, Dec 2, 2003
  7. wntw

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't forget HijackThis.

    What files are you talking about?

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:45:17 -0500, in
    <>
    wntw scrawled:

    °Mike°, Dec 2, 2003
  8. wntw

    wntw Guest

    One in particular is program files/common names. It loads about 4 during
    startup when I use control alt delete. Now I get an error msg that says
    error loading c\windows\BSX5.DLL and c\windows\BS3.DLL.

    wntw, Dec 2, 2003
  9. wntw

    wntw Guest

    I fixed that. I did a msconfig and startup and unchecked the dll files.

    wntw, Dec 2, 2003
  10. wntw

    °Mike° Guest

    Msconfig is a diagnostic tool. HijackThis is the tool you should
    have used. If you have problems understanding it, post the
    contents of the log here.

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:39:02 -0500, in
    <>
    wntw scrawled:

    >I fixed that. I did a msconfig and startup and unchecked the dll files.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 2, 2003