    file. I am now wondering if I did the right thing as I don't know what the
    file was used for, I deleted it without thinking. Should you repair
    virus/corrupt files of delete them?

    Scottie, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Scottie

    Harrison Guest

    Delete is fine. Repairs generally are for documents which carry macro
    viruses and you want to recover the data.

    Harrison, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Scottie

    °Mike° Guest

    Imscan.dll is a DLL from PC Pitstop. What antivirus are
    you using?

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 19:43:07 -0000, in
    <0mRVb.2302$>
    Scottie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Mike, I am using the free-download virus detector "AntiVir 6 personal
    Edition". I don't know if you have heard of it, if you have, is it any good?
    It did find a virus. Mike, PC Pitstop rings a bell with me but I can't
    remember why, is it some sort of online scanner that I have used in the
    past?
    ==========

    Scottie, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Thanks Harrison.
    ======

    Scottie, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Scottie

    °Mike° Guest

    Say no more! I have heard, very much, of AntiVir, and
    I'm afraid I've got bad news for you. It is the biggest
    pile of crap, and it has *the* worst false positive rate
    of any antivirus that I've tested. My advice to you is
    to get rid of it, and invest in something that does the
    job correctly.

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    Yes, PC Pitstop is an online scanner and troubleshooter.

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:51:40 -0000, in
    <2%UVb.2492$>
    Scottie scrawled:

    >Mike, I am using the free-download virus detector "AntiVir 6 personal
    >Edition". I don't know if you have heard of it, if you have, is it any good?
    >It did find a virus. Mike, PC Pitstop rings a bell with me but I can't
    >remember why, is it some sort of online scanner that I have used in the
    >past?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 9, 2004
  7. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Thanks Mike, I will delete it immediately.
    =======

    Scottie, Feb 10, 2004
  8. Scottie

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:01:22 -0000, in
    <o0WVb.2528$>
    Scottie scrawled:

    >Thanks Mike, I will delete it immediately.
    >=======
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Say no more! I have heard, very much, of AntiVir, and
    >> I'm afraid I've got bad news for you. It is the biggest
    >> pile of crap, and it has *the* worst false positive rate
    >> of any antivirus that I've tested. My advice to you is
    >> to get rid of it, and invest in something that does the
    >> job correctly.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance