  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?
    Richard, Apr 26, 2007

  2. Richard

    Ghostrider Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

    And then there are AVG, Avast, Kapersky, etc. Read the comments in
    the newsgroups, such as this one.
    Ghostrider, Apr 26, 2007

  3. Richard wrote:

    > Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

    D. None of the above.

    ( http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#av )

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 26, 2007
  4. Richard

    PeeCee Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

    Experience says the first two are bloated behemoths, reports say the last is
    ineffectual.

    Most techs will tell you to look at Kaspery, Nod32, AVG, Avast etc

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Apr 26, 2007
  5. Richard

    Flyer Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

    a recent survey in a leading PC magazine put all 3 in the bottom 5 for
    fighting virus's. Steganos & Kapersky came out top

    P.
    Flyer, Apr 26, 2007
  6. Richard

    Fred37 Guest

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:56:38 -0700, "Richard" <>
    wrote:

    >Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

    I am 70.
    I bought Kasperky.
    I have never had a virus
    My children wanted to put me away because I gave my credit card info
    to a compamy in Moscow (Kaspersky)
    They are the ones who have had viruses (Virii?)
    Hahahaha!
    Fred
    Fred37, Apr 26, 2007
  7. Richard

    old man Guest

    None of them
    McAfee & Norton are resource hogs
    Live One failed a recent virus test, with abysmal results

    old man, Apr 27, 2007
  8. "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

    Take a look at the recent reviews in PC Magazine to temper the rants you'll
    read here...
    J. H. Holliday, Apr 27, 2007
  9. J. H. Holliday wrote:
    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

    > Take a look at the recent reviews in PC Magazine to temper the rants you'll
    > read here...

    PC Mag will love 'em; they're advertisers.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 27, 2007
  10. Richard

    McFly Guest

    Richard,

    Either McAfee or Norton (Symantec), if you can get the Corporate
    version. Don't even bother getting the personal edition. Other
    better alternatives have mentioned by others - AVG, Avast, AntiVir
    (these have free versions) / NOD32, Kapersky, BitDefender (only
    retail)

    -fly-

    McFly, Apr 27, 2007