    My computer picked this virus up.Norton detects it and show a screen
    alert but does not delete it Any ideas on how I can get rid of it. It
    apparently shows up as Mstask32.exe in the windows system.TIA

    OleDawg, Feb 6, 2004

  2. OleDawg

    colin Guest

    colin, Feb 6, 2004

  3. OleDawg

    OleDawg Guest

    I downloaded and ran the f-deborm.exe fileas per instructions in txt
    file.WinXP restore was turned off.Didnt work.Ran it twice ....????

    F lipper

    OleDawg, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Try this:-

    Click Start, and then click Run. (The Run dialog box appears.)
    Type regedit

    Then click OK. (The Registry Editor opens.)

    Navigate to the key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    Run

    In the right pane, delete the value:

    "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"="%System%\ntspcv.exe"

    Navigate to the key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    RunServices

    In the right pane, delete the value:

    "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"="%System%\ntspcv.exe"

    Exit the Registry Editor.

    Stuart Watson, Feb 10, 2004