    Internet?

    Thanks

    Doug

    Douglas, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Douglas

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:54:32 GMT, "Douglas"
    <> wrote:

    >I am using Win ME.

    I'm sorry. :)

    >I cannot get to the Internet.

    Ok, and what happens? How are you connected?

    >I was told that I probably have virus and Spyware that is keeping me from getting to the
    >Internet.

    By who?

    >Is there a free ware program that I can download from another
    >computer, copy to disk and run on the computer that cannot get to the
    >Internet?

    Yes, many. Ad-aware. SpyBot, etc.

    But what is the problem?

    Evan Platt, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Douglas

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Douglas" <> wrote:

    >I am using Win ME. I cannot get to the Internet. I was told that I
    >probably have virus and Spyware that is keeping me from getting to the
    >Internet. Is there a free ware program that I can download from another
    >computer, copy to disk and run on the computer that cannot get to the
    >Internet?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Doug

    Start with Stinger from http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger

    It only finds the most common of the current crop, but it does a good
    job of that plus it fits onto a single 3.5 inch diskette so it is
    simple to download it on one machine and transfer it to another.

    If you have access to a functioning computer that has a CD Burner then
    there are a number of additional products that you can download, burn
    to a CD, and install. I would start with the following two:

    AVG Antivirus (free)
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/Get AVG FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5

    Webroot SpySweeper (14 day free trial)
    http://www.webroot.com/consumer/downloads