    The only thing I've downloaded is an Excel template from MSoft's Website.
    The template required an Add-on, and the template probably has macros ...

    I shut my computer off and restarted, and it seems okay for now.
    Jeff Strickland, Jun 7, 2009

  2. "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >I sat down to my computer this morning, and every open program had a Help
    >window open.
    >
    > I had OE, IE8 (two instances) and Word open, and there was a Help screen
    > up for each of them. If I closed the Help window, it would reopen on it's
    > own. This is pretty obvious -- I think -- but when I switched between the
    > open programs, the respective Help window would percolate to the top.
    >
    > I closed each open program and restarted OE and IE8, and the Help windows
    > reopened by themselves.
    >
    > Is there a virual enhancement floating around that makes Help windows
    > open?
    >
    > The only thing I've downloaded is an Excel template from MSoft's Website.
    > The template required an Add-on, and the template probably has macros ...
    >
    > I shut my computer off and restarted, and it seems okay for now.

    My anti-virus did not find anything.

    Hmmm ...
    Jeff Strickland, Jun 7, 2009

  3. "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >I sat down to my computer this morning, and every open program had a Help
    >window open.
    >
    > I had OE, IE8 (two instances) and Word open, and there was a Help screen
    > up for each of them. If I closed the Help window, it would reopen on it's
    > own. This is pretty obvious -- I think -- but when I switched between the
    > open programs, the respective Help window would percolate to the top.
    >
    > I closed each open program and restarted OE and IE8, and the Help windows
    > reopened by themselves.
    >
    > Is there a virual enhancement floating around that makes Help windows
    > open?
    >
    > The only thing I've downloaded is an Excel template from MSoft's Website.
    > The template required an Add-on, and the template probably has macros ...
    >
    > I shut my computer off and restarted, and it seems okay for now.

    I've had similar problems with my SYSTEM32 folder coming up on Start Up, and
    it occurred after a software installation. If the problem recurs, you might
    consider removing the recently added template and see if that helps.

    Woof
    James D. Andrews, Jun 7, 2009
  4. Jeff Strickland

    John Holmes Guest

    Jeff Strickland "contributed" in alt.computer:

    > I sat down to my computer this morning, and every open program had a
    > Help window open.
    >
    > I had OE, IE8 (two instances) and Word open, and there was a Help
    > screen up for each of them. If I closed the Help window, it would
    > reopen on it's own. This is pretty obvious -- I think -- but when I
    > switched between the open programs, the respective Help window would
    > percolate to the top.
    >
    > I closed each open program and restarted OE and IE8, and the Help
    > windows reopened by themselves.
    >
    > Is there a virual enhancement floating around that makes Help windows
    > open?

    Release the F1 key...

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Jun 9, 2009
  5. "John Holmes" <> wrote in message

    > Release the F1 key...

    Good call.

    I tested the idea by holding the F1 Key down. My results were only similar
    but not exactly the same. And, the F1 key does not stick by itself.

    I have a cat that is willing to sit on stuff without regard to the surface
    being even or smooth. Makes me wonder if my cat sat on the keyboard for a
    while. Stranger things have happened ...
    Jeff Strickland, Jun 9, 2009