    OK fine.. How do you tell your Asterisk server that you accept calls from
    a specific IP address ?

    Ta.

    Steve, Sep 8, 2011

  2. Steve

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:42:31 +0200, Steve wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to use VirtualphoneLine.
    > They seems to be quite restrictive. I have top make sure that the
    > incoming call is in the [default] context. OK, fine... I did it.
    > Now, the incoming call is rejected, because the IP address is not
    > allowed.
    >
    > OK fine.. How do you tell your Asterisk server that you accept calls
    > from a specific IP address ?
    >
    > Ta.

    Have you got full access to the set up of this Asterisk server? Are you
    using a web GUI or just setting up the files? Is there a problem in the
    router? I have never come across rejection of external IP. If you have
    set up a particular DID reference and that is not correctly formed then I
    can see that wouldn't work but rejection of an IP by asterisk seems odd.
    What about ports and codecs are these compatible?

    --
    'Sign' the Government ePetition:
    "Mobile phone data should be free to use, unhindered, in any way you

    Brian A, Sep 9, 2011

  3. Steve

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:42:31 +0200, Steve wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to use VirtualphoneLine.
    > They seems to be quite restrictive. I have top make sure that the
    > incoming call is in the [default] context. OK, fine... I did it.
    > Now, the incoming call is rejected, because the IP address is not
    > allowed.
    >
    > OK fine.. How do you tell your Asterisk server that you accept calls
    > from a specific IP address ?

    You normally set IP restrictions in sip.conf.

    --
    Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
    http://www.mirrorservice.org

    Bob Eager, Sep 9, 2011