Virtualization Certs

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Mitch Garvis, MCT, May 3, 2010.

  1. I am not sure why there doesn't seem to be any information about this cert
    on Microsoft's site, but I just earned a new MCITP cert that may be
    interesting for some of you:

    MCITP: Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2.

    It is a great new cert... but it encompasses all five different types of
    virtualization that Microsoft recognizes: server virtualization, desktop
    virtualization, application virtualization, and profile virtualization. You
    need to know Hyper-V (R2), SCVMM (R2), App-V, Med-V... Remote Desktop,
    Failover Clustering, Server Core, PowerShell, and more. It also, by the
    way, requires a bit of knowledge of VMware - especially the requirements and
    procedures for managing ESX by VMM.

    It requires three exams:

    70-659 TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
    70-669 TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization
    70-693 PRO: Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator

    If you do spend a lot of time in the virtualization world, and especially if
    you want to stand out to your organization or clients with regard to
    virtualization and VDI, then this is a great cert to work toward.

    Good luck!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT, May 3, 2010

  2. After a few days waiting I got confirmation of the new cert in my mailbox
    today, and the logo is available on the Logo Builder. I still don't see a
    page about it... that should come though! :)

    Mitch Garvis, MCT, May 4, 2010

    elbia ferandez, May 9, 2010