    I'm using the MPEG2 variant and also the straight Dub software.

    I *can't* find the streams menu. Where's it gone?

    Thanks.

    Sticky, Oct 23, 2005

  2. On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:40:52 +1300, Sticky <>
    wrote:

    >I've been using this wonderful piece of software for some time and
    >mostly it does a superb job. From time to time I come across the
    >instructions to "open the streams" dialogue so that various video and
    >audio streams can be added or subtracted.
    >
    >e.g I want to convert an MPEG2 video stream to AVI (using the VFAPI
    >frame server), I have an audio stream in AC3 (or at least NON wav)
    >format. I can't see any way of adding this audio stream in without
    >converting the audio to WAV first. I can then use the audio dropdown
    >and add it as WAV audio, but seemingly I should be able to add the AC3
    >or whatever stream straight in.
    >
    >I'm using the MPEG2 variant and also the straight Dub software.
    >
    >I *can't* find the streams menu. Where's it gone?
    >
    >Thanks.

    It is in the VirtualDubMod variant of VirtualDub 1.5:

    http://virtualdubmod.sf.net

    That menu is one reason I frequently use VirtualDubMod still, even
    though it is well out of date compared to VirtualDub 1.6.

    Stephen Worthington, Oct 23, 2005

  3. Sticky

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    34.nz56.remove_numbers says...
    > On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:40:52 +1300, Sticky <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I've been using this wonderful piece of software for some time and
    > >mostly it does a superb job. From time to time I come across the
    > >instructions to "open the streams" dialogue so that various video and
    > >audio streams can be added or subtracted.
    > >
    > >e.g I want to convert an MPEG2 video stream to AVI (using the VFAPI
    > >frame server), I have an audio stream in AC3 (or at least NON wav)
    > >format. I can't see any way of adding this audio stream in without
    > >converting the audio to WAV first. I can then use the audio dropdown
    > >and add it as WAV audio, but seemingly I should be able to add the AC3
    > >or whatever stream straight in.
    > >
    > >I'm using the MPEG2 variant and also the straight Dub software.
    > >
    > >I *can't* find the streams menu. Where's it gone?
    > >
    > >Thanks.

    > It is in the VirtualDubMod variant of VirtualDub 1.5:
    >
    > http://virtualdubmod.sf.net
    >
    > That menu is one reason I frequently use VirtualDubMod still, even
    > though it is well out of date compared to VirtualDub 1.6.

    Is it less up to date than VirtualDubMPeg2 v1.6.10?

    Rob J, Oct 24, 2005
  4. On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:13:57 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >34.nz56.remove_numbers says...
    >> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:40:52 +1300, Sticky <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I've been using this wonderful piece of software for some time and
    >> >mostly it does a superb job. From time to time I come across the
    >> >instructions to "open the streams" dialogue so that various video and
    >> >audio streams can be added or subtracted.
    >> >
    >> >e.g I want to convert an MPEG2 video stream to AVI (using the VFAPI
    >> >frame server), I have an audio stream in AC3 (or at least NON wav)
    >> >format. I can't see any way of adding this audio stream in without
    >> >converting the audio to WAV first. I can then use the audio dropdown
    >> >and add it as WAV audio, but seemingly I should be able to add the AC3
    >> >or whatever stream straight in.
    >> >
    >> >I'm using the MPEG2 variant and also the straight Dub software.
    >> >
    >> >I *can't* find the streams menu. Where's it gone?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks.

    >> It is in the VirtualDubMod variant of VirtualDub 1.5:
    >>
    >> http://virtualdubmod.sf.net
    >>
    >> That menu is one reason I frequently use VirtualDubMod still, even
    >> though it is well out of date compared to VirtualDub 1.6.

    >Is it less up to date than VirtualDubMPeg2 v1.6.10?

    Yes, it is based on the VirtualDub 1.5.10 code so it does not have all
    the updates in VirtualDub 1.6. But there are some features only
    available in VirtualDubMod, so I keep copies of VirtualDub 1.6.11,
    VirtualDub-MPEG2 1.6.11 and VirutalDubMod 1.5.10.1 on my system - they
    all have their uses. I wish someone would do a VirtualDubMod 1.6
    version.

    Stephen Worthington, Oct 24, 2005