VirtualDrive won't work with Battlefield: 1942?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Krhis, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Krhis

    Krhis Guest

    This is what I have:
    VirtualDrive
    http://www.farstone.com/home/en/shtml/vdpoverview.shtml
    On that page it says "Supports the largest number of games....
    Battlefield 1942 and many more....".

    I have tried uninstalling the game, load the cds into a Virtual Drive
    (Y), start the Virtual Drive, and then Install the game off of the
    Virtual Drive (Y).

    Everything is good, but when I start the game I get "Cannot locate the
    CD-ROM: Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart
    application". I put the BF:1942 Disc into my CD-ROM Drive (E), retry
    the game and it works. Any ideas on how to get Battlefield: 1942 to
    work on a VirualDrive?

    If you're wondering why I need a VD to run it, it's becuse when I do
    use my CD-ROM Drive, it gets VERY loud, and I will be perserving my
    orgonal CDs from scratchs. Thanks for any help!

    Drive Specs:
    A: Floppy Drive
    C: Hard Drive
    D: Hard Drive