    old programs using XP virtual mode either from the Control panel or directly
    from the CD ROM or USB ports. Can anyone tell me what I am missing or direct
    me to a helpful resource? Thanks.

    Neal, Nov 6, 2009

  2. You must install Virtual XP for Win 7. If the program is not on your
    installation disc, then you will need to download it from the Microsoft
    website and install it. There are 2 programs you will need; 1 is the
    image of Win XP in a VHD; 2 is the Virtula XP Mode to run the VHD in.

    Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 6, 2009

  3. P.S.

    Your CPU must have Virtualization built into it and enabled in BIOS.
    There are a few current Intel CPUs that don't support hardware
    Virtualization.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 6, 2009
  4. Neal

    Ed Balda Guest

    You have to download, install and configure Virtual PC and a virtual machine.
    See
    http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/110409-how-to-create-a-virtual.html?page=1

    Ed Balda, Nov 9, 2009
  5. Neal

    Ed Balda Guest

    In the VM panel click on CD > Use Physical Drive

    Ed Balda, Nov 9, 2009
  6. Neal

    Anon Guest

    Go to the Download Windows Virtual PC page

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

    on the Download Windows Virtual PC page go to

    step 2: Can my PC run Windows XP Mode?
    Check that your PC hardware works with Windows XP Mode by downloading
    and running this tool.

    Click on the word "tool"

    Download the Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool

    Run it.

    If it says that your machine cannot run Windows Virtual PC, you will
    need a computer with a processor that can.

    Anon, Nov 15, 2009