    Don Culp

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4528 (20091021) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Don Culp, Oct 21, 2009

  2. The graphics in Virtual XP are somewhat limited. There's a discussion
    about this over at TechNet:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com...t/thread/fbded095-8feb-4736-a74e-b0c13c05c40e

    Bobby Johnson, Oct 21, 2009

  3. Don Culp

    Don Culp Guest

    I only need 640 x 480 (per Turbo Pascal). Essentially there are no moving
    graphics, just static XY graphs. However, the Turbo Pascal graphics insist
    on being displayed full screen (not in a Windows window). (On XP Pro, the
    application's text menus will run in a Windows window. However, as soon as
    graphics are invoked the window is immediately replaced by full screen mode.
    The application then remains in full screen mode even for the text menus
    (which is acceptable) unless I press Alt+Enter.)

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4529 (20091021) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Don Culp, Oct 21, 2009
  4. I don't see why this won't work. But honestly, I haven't run any old TP apps
    in XPMode to be sure.

    --
    Charlie.
    http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 21, 2009
  5. Don Culp wrote:
    > I have a DOS engineering application that runs on XP Pro but won't run on
    > Vista or XP x64. The problem, at least under Vista, is that the
    > application's graphics must run full-screen and Vista doesn't allow this.
    >
    > Would this run on Windows 7 Pro under Virtual XP, assuming that the hardware
    > supports virtualization?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Don Culp

    Check if DOSBox will run it. It does a bang-up job with some old
    games written in Turbo PASCAL that I have.

    http://www.dosbox.com

    Carl Kaufmann, Oct 21, 2009
  6. Don Culp

    Carlos Guest

    Don,
    If everything else fails, try DOSBox.
    http://www.dosbox.com/
    Freeware and lightware.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 21, 2009
  7. Don Culp

    Don Culp Guest

    One potential problem with DOSbox is that it doesn't appear to support
    printers. However, I'll give it a try.

    Don Culp

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4533 (20091022) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Don Culp, Oct 22, 2009
  8. Don Culp

    Poutnik Guest

    In article <>, dculp@krell-
    engineering.com says...

    > I have a DOS engineering application that runs on XP Pro but won't run on
    > Vista or XP x64. The problem, at least under Vista, is that the
    > application's graphics must run full-screen and Vista doesn't allow this.
    >
    > Would this run on Windows 7 Pro under Virtual XP, assuming that the hardware
    > supports virtualization?

    I would try playing a little with VirtualPC
    or maybe preferably VirtualBox.
    Not sure about printer support in Virtual machines,
    but you can share your host printer as network printer.

    --
    Poutnik
    The best depends on how the best is defined.

    Poutnik, Oct 23, 2009