    Feedback is welcome.
    Thanks

    Philippe

    Philippe Laval, Sep 30, 2006

  2. Philippe Laval

    Jer Guest

    Philippe Laval wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > If you like to take some time to visit Cannes on the French Riviera,
    > I have posted some panoramas (QT VR or java).
    >
    > http://philippe.laval.free.fr/Cannes/
    >
    > Feedback is welcome.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Philippe

    Nice panos - thanks for passing along, but I do have one question... do
    you use the clone tool to hide all the litter? I've tried it for shots
    here in the U.S. and each shot takes weeks to get rid of it all.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Sep 30, 2006

  3. Philippe Laval wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > If you like to take some time to visit Cannes on the French Riviera,
    > I have posted some panoramas (QT VR or java).
    >
    > http://philippe.laval.free.fr/Cannes/
    >
    > Feedback is welcome.
    > Thanks

    Very nicely done! I especially like the one done on the street side of
    the Ritz, with a few people looking at the camera, and everyone else
    going about their business.

    Once you've set up your tripod and pano head, how long does it take to
    execute all the frames?

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Sep 30, 2006
  4. John McWilliams a écrit :
    > Philippe Laval wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> If you like to take some time to visit Cannes on the French Riviera,
    >> I have posted some panoramas (QT VR or java).
    >>
    >> http://philippe.laval.free.fr/Cannes/
    >>
    >> Feedback is welcome.
    >> Thanks

    > Very nicely done! I especially like the one done on the street side of
    > the Ritz, with a few people looking at the camera, and everyone else
    > going about their business.

    Thank you.

    Did you take time to visit other villages or Nice ?

    > Once you've set up your tripod and pano head, how long does it take to
    > execute all the frames?

    Well the more time consuming part is to setup the tripod ;-)
    You have to level the panoramic head with an air buble to be sure that
    the panorma is well horizontal.

    Then you look at high light and low light in the panorama to figure out
    the exposure. I usually expose for high light (with no or some over
    exposure in part that is not important for the picture).
    I only have to take 10 pictures to cover the whole 360° * 180°. It take
    between 2 and 5 minutes maybe. It mostly depend if a lot of people are
    present on the picture or not in fact.

    Philippe

    Philippe Laval, Sep 30, 2006
  5. Jer a écrit :
    > Philippe Laval wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> If you like to take some time to visit Cannes on the French Riviera,
    >> I have posted some panoramas (QT VR or java).
    >>
    >> http://philippe.laval.free.fr/Cannes/
    >>
    >> Feedback is welcome.
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Philippe
    >>

    > Nice panos - thanks for passing along, but I do have one question... do
    > you use the clone tool to hide all the litter? I've tried it for shots
    > here in the U.S. and each shot takes weeks to get rid of it all.

    Well making a panorama like the one I have shown take between 10 min (if
    you are lucky) to few hours (in most case - I should not be lucky enough
    ;-) ).

    I don't have to use the clone tool. I have the 8 picture on 8 layers.
    I paint on the layer mask to let the good part of the image be present
    on the final image.

    Did you want a link for a tutorial showing the whole process ?

    Philippe

    Philippe Laval, Sep 30, 2006
  6. Philippe Laval wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > If you like to take some time to visit Cannes on the French Riviera,
    > I have posted some panoramas (QT VR or java).
    >
    > http://philippe.laval.free.fr/Cannes/
    >
    > Feedback is welcome.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Philippe

    Cher Philippe,

    Your pictures are magnificent, and bring back many memories of trips to
    Cannes from our home near New York City. These trips started when ***
    Michelin Guide restaurants such as The Oasis and Baumaniere and Auberge
    du Pere Bise cost about $12.00 for a full meal with wine. We always
    enjoyed the twin shops of Ernest in Cannes, with the wonderful pates and
    the great baked goods.

    Thanks again. Keep up the good work.

    Morton Linder

    Morton Linder, Oct 1, 2006
  7. Philippe Laval

    Bill K Guest

    Philippe Laval wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > If you like to take some time to visit Cannes on the French Riviera,
    > I have posted some panoramas (QT VR or java).
    >
    > http://philippe.laval.free.fr/Cannes/
    >
    > Feedback is welcome.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Philippe

    Wonderrful work, Philippe. You obviously put a lot of effort and talent
    into them. Do you have any of the beach at St. Tropez? I have very fond
    memories of that beach.
    --
    Bill

    Bill K, Oct 2, 2006
  8. Philippe Laval wrote:
    > John McWilliams a écrit :
    >> Philippe Laval wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> If you like to take some time to visit Cannes on the French Riviera,
    >>> I have posted some panoramas (QT VR or java).
    >>>
    >>> http://philippe.laval.free.fr/Cannes/
    >>>
    >>> Feedback is welcome.
    >>> Thanks

    >> Very nicely done! I especially like the one done on the street side of
    >> the Ritz, with a few people looking at the camera, and everyone else
    >> going about their business.

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Did you take time to visit other villages or Nice ?

    Je n'ai pas, jamais, a ete present au Midi. (sob, sob. That's my
    fractured French, << sans accents>> for saying I've never been there.

    >> Once you've set up your tripod and pano head, how long does it take to
    >> execute all the frames?

    > Well the more time consuming part is to setup the tripod ;-)
    > You have to level the panoramic head with an air buble to be sure that
    > the panorma is well horizontal.
    >
    > Then you look at high light and low light in the panorama to figure out
    > the exposure. I usually expose for high light (with no or some over
    > exposure in part that is not important for the picture).
    > I only have to take 10 pictures to cover the whole 360° * 180°. It take
    > between 2 and 5 minutes maybe. It mostly depend if a lot of people are
    > present on the picture or not in fact.

    Many thanks. What camera and lens?

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Oct 3, 2006
  9. > Many thanks. What camera and lens?

    Nikon D200 + 10.5 mm

    Philippe Laval, Oct 4, 2006
  10. Bill K a écrit :
    > Philippe Laval wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> If you like to take some time to visit Cannes on the French Riviera,
    >> I have posted some panoramas (QT VR or java).
    >>
    >> http://philippe.laval.free.fr/Cannes/
    >>
    >> Feedback is welcome.
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Philippe

    > Wonderrful work, Philippe. You obviously put a lot of effort and talent
    > into them. Do you have any of the beach at St. Tropez? I have very fond
    > memories of that beach.

    Sorry not yet. That is planned for next year.

    Philippe Laval, Oct 4, 2006
  11. Philippe Laval wrote:
    >> Many thanks. What camera and lens?

    > Nikon D200 + 10.5 mm

    Merci. Did you understand my "French"?? <s>

    Are you going to full frame as soon as Nikon puts one out?

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Oct 4, 2006
  12. John McWilliams a écrit :
    > Philippe Laval wrote:
    >>> Many thanks. What camera and lens?

    >> Nikon D200 + 10.5 mm

    > Merci. Did you understand my "French"?? <s>

    Oui très bien ;-)

    It is no so easy to speak another language if you have little
    opportunities to speak.

    Continue !

    > Are you going to full frame as soon as Nikon puts one out?

    The question is the price.
    For me the Canon 5D was too expensive.
    As Nikon is almots at Canon price tag, I don't think so.

    I will prefer to by some new lens and wait for second generation full
    frame (if a first ever appears).

    Philippe Laval, Oct 10, 2006