Virtual Sistine Chapel

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Sep 13, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Sep 13, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/13/2010 11:16 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html
    >
    > Left click and drag your mouse around. Zoom with mouse wheel.

    Seen that here a while back, very nice indeed.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Sep 13, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:16:44 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html
    >
    > Left click and drag your mouse around. Zoom with mouse wheel.

    Most interesting. That should easily dispell a certain myth about the
    chapel.
    About ten years or so ago there was a high concentration of shows about
    UFO's. One of the big claims was that michaelangelo had painted upon one
    wall, a diddy about a "man in a flying vehicle".

    All I could do was my laugh my ass off. In the 70's I was highly active
    with CB radios and at that time you needed a license. One of the big fad,
    must have, things for CBers was known as a "QSL" card. The one I picked
    showed an alien creature flying a "saucer" while waving his hand and
    smiling. Just like the one allegedly in the sistine chapel.

    Amazing just how quickly that little item got removed from the videos once
    I began posting around that my qsl card featured the same item. I mean just
    how dumb are these UFO believers? Do they not think that there would be
    documented photos of every panel of the chapel paintings? With hundreds of
    thousands of people having visited the chapel who can verify that the item
    just does not exist.

    I do not doubt that so called UFO's exist, it's just that certain things
    like this can not possibly be believed.

    richard, Sep 13, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:42:20 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/13/2010 11:16 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html
    >>
    >> Left click and drag your mouse around. Zoom with mouse wheel.
    >>

    > Seen that here a while back, very nice indeed.

    I didn't see the virtual chapel but saw some posts about the paintings or
    Frescos.

    Meat Plow, Sep 13, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:26:28 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:16:44 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html
    >>
    >> Left click and drag your mouse around. Zoom with mouse wheel.

    > Most interesting. That should easily dispell a certain myth about the
    > chapel.
    > About ten years or so ago there was a high concentration of shows about
    > UFO's. One of the big claims was that michaelangelo had painted upon one
    > wall, a diddy about a "man in a flying vehicle".
    >
    > All I could do was my laugh my ass off. In the 70's I was highly active
    > with CB radios and at that time you needed a license. One of the big
    > fad, must have, things for CBers was known as a "QSL" card. The one I
    > picked showed an alien creature flying a "saucer" while waving his hand
    > and smiling. Just like the one allegedly in the sistine chapel.

    There are lots of ancient civilization artworks depicting what seem to be
    creatures in suits and masks and rocket vehicles. The Mayans, ancient
    Italians etc..

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts

    Good series on Discovery or History called Ancient Aliens.

    Meat Plow, Sep 13, 2010
  6. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/13/2010 1:39 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:42:20 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/13/2010 11:16 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html
    >>>
    >>> Left click and drag your mouse around. Zoom with mouse wheel.
    >>>

    >> Seen that here a while back, very nice indeed.

    > I didn't see the virtual chapel but saw some posts about the paintings or
    > Frescos.

    Absolutely stunning never the less. This time I saved the link :)

    OldGringo38, Sep 13, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 18:44:20 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:26:28 -0700, richard wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:16:44 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html
    >>>
    >>> Left click and drag your mouse around. Zoom with mouse wheel.

    >> Most interesting. That should easily dispell a certain myth about the
    >> chapel.
    >> About ten years or so ago there was a high concentration of shows about
    >> UFO's. One of the big claims was that michaelangelo had painted upon one
    >> wall, a diddy about a "man in a flying vehicle".
    >>
    >> All I could do was my laugh my ass off. In the 70's I was highly active
    >> with CB radios and at that time you needed a license. One of the big
    >> fad, must have, things for CBers was known as a "QSL" card. The one I
    >> picked showed an alien creature flying a "saucer" while waving his hand
    >> and smiling. Just like the one allegedly in the sistine chapel.

    > There are lots of ancient civilization artworks depicting what seem to be
    > creatures in suits and masks and rocket vehicles. The Mayans, ancient
    > Italians etc..
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts
    >
    > Good series on Discovery or History called Ancient Aliens.

    Seen it a few times. Which always brings up a miriad of questions that they
    can not answer.

    richard, Sep 13, 2010
  8. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    joevan, Sep 13, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:19:49 -0700, richard wrote:

    >>> There are lots of ancient civilization artworks depicting what seem to
    >>> be creatures in suits and masks and rocket vehicles. The Mayans,
    >>> ancient Italians etc..
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts
    >>>
    >>> Good series on Discovery or History called Ancient Aliens.

    >> Seen it a few times. Which always brings up a miriad of questions that
    >> they can not answer.

    >Like?

    He forgot.

    joevan, Sep 13, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:22:50 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:19:49 -0700, richard wrote:

    >>> There are lots of ancient civilization artworks depicting what seem to
    >>> be creatures in suits and masks and rocket vehicles. The Mayans,
    >>> ancient Italians etc..
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts
    >>>
    >>> Good series on Discovery or History called Ancient Aliens.

    >> Seen it a few times. Which always brings up a miriad of questions that
    >> they can not answer.

    > Like?

    Oh I've come up with a few hundred queestions.
    If such technology existed, then where is the evidence it did?
    Someone surely would have painted these wonderful things.

    If it did exist, those that owned it were not sharing because they wanted
    the inhabitants of this planet to be their slaves.

    When some expedition team from the USA today, goes into some wild country
    to explore, do they leave behind their technology that those within that
    area had never seen before? Of course not. They leave things as they were
    found. Then how do those people react to the history of that event?

    Ezekial saw a "Wheel within a wheel". He described it in his own words. Yet
    hundreds have interpreted those words to describe many different things.
    How is it possible then that such technology existed at that time?

    There is only one explanation. We are not the only planet in the universe
    with intelligence.

    richard, Sep 13, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:11:07 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:22:50 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Seen it a few times. Which always brings up a miriad of questions that
    >>> they can not answer.

    >> Like?

    > Oh I've come up with a few hundred queestions. If such technology
    > existed, then where is the evidence it did? Someone surely would have
    > painted these wonderful things.

    Once you can explain how the great Gaza pyramid was built 4500 years ago
    then you can start to rule out ancient aliens.

    Meat Plow, Sep 13, 2010
  12. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:44:05 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:11:07 -0700, richard wrote:

    >>> Like?

    >> Oh I've come up with a few hundred queestions. If such technology
    >> existed, then where is the evidence it did? Someone surely would have
    >> painted these wonderful things.

    >Once you can explain how the great Gaza pyramid was built 4500 years ago
    >then you can start to rule out ancient aliens.

    That one was easy. Expendable slave labor by the thousands.

    joevan, Sep 13, 2010
  13. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 18:12:41 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:44:05 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:

    >>> Oh I've come up with a few hundred queestions. If such technology
    >>> existed, then where is the evidence it did? Someone surely would have
    >>> painted these wonderful things.

    >>Once you can explain how the great Gaza pyramid was built 4500 years ago
    >>then you can start to rule out ancient aliens.

    > That one was easy. Expendable slave labor by the thousands.

    Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahah sure. Sorry to laugh at you but it couldn't be helped.

    Meat Plow, Sep 13, 2010