Virtual PC and download speeds

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Theslaz, Mar 2, 2009.

  1. Theslaz

    Theslaz Guest

    Playing around with Microsoft's "Virtual PC" this past weekend.
    Successfully got it installed and working properly ( I think! ). Did
    some experimenting with downloads using the P2P network. Specifically
    downloading movie files. Have been downloading files using my desktop
    and a laptop that I have right beside for quite some time now. The best
    transmission rates that I could get out of both machines would average
    some where around 50 Kps.

    Tried downloading through the "Virtual PC"; in which I have installed
    Windows XP pro. The same operating system as the desktop and the laptop.
    (Virtual Pc is installed on the Desktop ). I had all three computers
    download the same movie file using the same Torrent file. The Desktop
    and the laptop did their usual download at about 55 Kps; the "Virtual
    PC"; would you believe was at a high of 150 Kps.

    I then tried one other file that I was downloading on the laptop and it
    was stuck on being connected to two peers and downloading at 7 Kps. The
    "Virtual PC" connected to 12 peers and hit a high of 84 Kps.

    My question is "Why"???

    Theslaz, Mar 2, 2009