    How do I get it to run in 64-bit mode, or is it possible?
    Are there certain things that need to run in order for it to consider
    running as a 64-bit app?

    Raf, Mar 4, 2008

  2. The 64bit version is so it can run on a 64bit host, not that it needs to run
    as a 64bit program. In case you are not already aware, VPC 2007 does not
    support 64bit guests; only 32bit guests.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 4, 2008

  3. Raf

    Raf Guest

    I am well aware that it will not support 64-bit guest operating systems.

    However, that is not my concern. If it is marked as a 64-bit program, then
    why doesn't it run as a 64-bit program? Why mark it that way or market it
    that way if it will not do as it is marked or marketed?

    Also, the 32-bit version of the program ran very nicely on my x64 XP without
    hitch; I was looking for the 64-bit version that ran in the 64-bit true mode
    instead of using memory from the 32-bit stack.

    I also know I'm being picky, but it IS a good question!
    Raf

    Raf, Mar 4, 2008
  4. It is not marked as a 64bit program. It is the version of VPC for running
    on a 64bit host. The hooks to the OS need to be 64bit but the executable
    doesn't need to be. If you look at the files in Program Files and Program
    Files (x86) you can see that it is still a 32bit program (it installs in
    Program Files (x86)). It may be disappoining that it is not a 64bit
    executible but it doesn't need to be for the purpose for which it is
    designed. All of the development effort for 64bit virtualization has gone
    to Hyper-V.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 4, 2008
  5. Raf

    Raf Guest

    *growls*

    Sadness!

    And thank you for then enlightenment. Every little bit helps!
    Raf

    Raf, Mar 5, 2008