    --
    Chris Cowles
    Gainesville, FL
    Chris Cowles, Aug 6, 2008

  2. Chris Cowles

    Jane C Guest

    "Chris Cowles" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > VPC 2007 has download options for 32-bit or 64-bit OS. Does that 64-bit
    > version support a 64-bit virtual OS? Or does it support only 32-bit even
    > if run under 64-bit Vista?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > --
    > Chris Cowles
    > Gainesville, FL

    Hi Chris,

    Only 32 bit guests are supported. Virtual Server x64 likewise will only
    support 32 bit guests.

    The only Microsoft virtualisation solution that will support 64 bit guests
    is Hyper-V in Server 2008. It rocks :)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Jane C, Aug 6, 2008

  3. As Jane says, Virtual PC is 32-but guests only at this point. And I agree
    that Hyper-V is awesome as a 64-bit virtualization solution. It is seriously
    good. But if you need Vista based 64-bit virtualization, your only solution
    at this point is a third party, such as VMWare. However, there have been
    persistent rumours of client side solution that works like Hyper-V does on
    the server side, so hopefully we'll have a solution soon. Or at least a
    beta. But at this point, you need to run Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V,
    or run VMWare.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 6, 2008