  1. Has anyone been able to change amount of Video Meg with this product?
    8 MG seems a little slow.

    Thanks
    Nettransplant, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Nettransplant

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:53:08 GMT, "Nettransplant"
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone been able to change amount of Video Meg with this product?
    >8 MG seems a little slow.
    >
    >Thanks

    I've played around with VPC 2004 but I haven't tried changing the
    video settings.

    Try this site which I found really useful when I was getting it all up
    and running :

    http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    (MCNGP Lamer of the Year 2001)
    Paul Lynch, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Great site. Thanks

    Nettransplant, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Nettransplant

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Honestly folks. And i mean HONESTLY!! Is this product any good? I saw it in
    the shelves and laughed so hard I peed my pants.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    I am Against-TCPA
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 29, 2004
  5. Nettransplant

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    from the web site....

    Guest OS* Hard Disk Memory
    MS-DOS 6.22 50 MB 32 MB
    Windows 95 500 MB 32 MB
    Windows 98 500 MB 64 MB
    Windows Me 2 GB 96 MB
    Windows 2000 2 GB 96 MB
    Windows NT® 4.0 1 GB 64 MB
    Windows XP 2 GB 128 MB
    OS/2** 500 MB 64 MB

    i guess Unix & Linux are out of the question, right?

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    I am Against-TCPA
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 29, 2004
  6. Nope--Linux runs on VPC 2004.
    I learned what little I knew about *nux before setting up a real pc by
    running Redhat and Mandrake on the original Connectix Virtual PC.

    --
    Larry Samuels
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels, Jan 29, 2004
  7. Nettransplant

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    well i'll be damned. kewl. but is this VMWare?

    "Larry Samuels" <> wrote in news:OHB3l1h5DHA.2732
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 29, 2004
  8. Nope--MS Virtual PC 2004 is a direct descendent of Connectix Virtual PC, a
    company they bought the intellectual property rights of last year.
    Virtual Server is in beta and is SWEET!

    Larry Samuels, Jan 29, 2004
  9. Nettransplant

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:52:48 -0800, Rowdy Yates
    <> wrote:

    >from the web site....
    >
    >Guest OS* Hard Disk Memory
    >MS-DOS 6.22 50 MB 32 MB
    >Windows 95 500 MB 32 MB
    >Windows 98 500 MB 64 MB
    >Windows Me 2 GB 96 MB
    >Windows 2000 2 GB 96 MB
    >Windows NT® 4.0 1 GB 64 MB
    >Windows XP 2 GB 128 MB
    >OS/2** 500 MB 64 MB
    >

    >i guess Unix & Linux are out of the question, right?

    Guess again grasshopper. VPC 2004 supports a number of OS's, Linux
    included. Pretty comprehensive list can be seen here :
    http://vpc.visualwin.com/

    Granted it requires some beefy hardware to run well, but what do you
    expect, it is emulating a whole other OS

    I'm using it to host an IIS6 box and a W2K/Oracle 9i box, both of
    which run fine on an Athlon 1.4 with 768Mb memory.

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE
    Paul Lynch, Jan 29, 2004
  10. Nettransplant

    Simon Geary Guest

    There is a subtle difference between 'supports' and 'will work' which is
    worth mentioning. Most (all?) flavours of Linux will run, as will just about
    any i386 OS but none of these are supported by Microsoft if it does bad
    things to your PC.

    Simon Geary, Jan 29, 2004
  11. Nettransplant

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:08:40 +0100, "Simon Geary"
    <> wrote:

    >There is a subtle difference between 'supports' and 'will work' which is
    >worth mentioning. Most (all?) flavours of Linux will run, as will just about
    >any i386 OS but none of these are supported by Microsoft if it does bad
    >things to your PC.
    >
    >> Guess again grasshopper. VPC 2004 supports a number of OS's, Linux
    >> included. Pretty comprehensive list can be seen here :
    >> http://vpc.visualwin.com/

    You are quite right Simon. And that subtle difference is clearly shown
    in the link I provided.

    I never suggested that Linux of any flavour is officially supported by
    Microsoft in VPC 2004, but then again maybe I should have chosen my
    words more carefully.

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE
    Paul Lynch, Jan 29, 2004
  12. Nettransplant

    Pee on this Guest

    MS Virtual PC is the greatest tool for those reading this
    web site. It ROCKS.

    GET IT NOW for your lab, no more hardware, no more cables,
    virtual network on your PC ... I have a virtual domain
    with six servers and every MS server product on top, I am
    in heaven ... VM WARE sux comapred to MS VPC ... I LUV IT.
    Pee on this, Jan 29, 2004
  13. Nettransplant

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    i got my info from their link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/virtualpc/evaluation/overview2004.asp

    yes i did just notice that they also say...
    "Virtual PC can run most x86 operating systems, not just the operating
    systems listed below, in a virtual machine environment."

    But, if they just came out and listed "Linux" and "Unix" - instead of
    playing the Microsoft vs Linux game, they might sell a lot more copies.
    don't you think?

    Paul Lynch <> wrote in

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    I am Against-TCPA
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 30, 2004
  14. Nettransplant

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:10:01 -0800, Rowdy Yates
    <> wrote:

    >i got my info from their link:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/virtualpc/evaluation/overview2004.asp
    >
    >yes i did just notice that they also say...
    >"Virtual PC can run most x86 operating systems, not just the operating
    >systems listed below, in a virtual machine environment."
    >
    >But, if they just came out and listed "Linux" and "Unix" - instead of
    >playing the Microsoft vs Linux game, they might sell a lot more copies.
    >don't you think?

    Not really. Anyone seriously looking at buying VPC 2004 will probably
    try to find out if their choice of OS is supported before they lay
    their cash down.

    Even you were able to find out a bit more about it without having to
    expend that much effort ;-)

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE
    Paul Lynch, Jan 30, 2004
  15. Nettransplant

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Paul Lynch <> wrote in
    news::the web

    > Not really. Anyone seriously looking at buying VPC 2004 will probably
    > try to find out if their choice of OS is supported before they lay
    > their cash down.
    >
    > Even you were able to find out a bit more about it without having to
    > expend that much effort ;-)
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul Lynch
    > MCSE

    Sorry Paul. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this.

    By the way. I am selling this kick ass product called "Good Thing".
    Everyone on the web says it rocks! My web page is currenty a blank white
    page, but if you want it, search google to find out more about it. Then
    come back to me. i can sell it to you for $200. I swear, it's a really
    cool product and it's a "good thing" to have.

    what's the matter? you don't believe me? why not? isn't that how you buy
    somethng if you really want it? come on, Paul, $200 for a "good thing". you
    can't go wrong.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    I am Against-TCPA
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 1, 2004
  16. Nettransplant

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:26:25 -0800, Rowdy Yates
    <> wrote:

    >Sorry Paul. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this.
    >
    >By the way. I am selling this kick ass product called "Good Thing".
    >Everyone on the web says it rocks! My web page is currenty a blank white
    >page, but if you want it, search google to find out more about it. Then
    >come back to me. i can sell it to you for $200. I swear, it's a really
    >cool product and it's a "good thing" to have.
    >
    >what's the matter? you don't believe me? why not? isn't that how you buy
    >somethng if you really want it? come on, Paul, $200 for a "good thing". you
    >can't go wrong.

    Rowdy,

    I've read this post a few times now and I can't for the life of me see
    what point you are trying to make here.

    Ho hum....

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE
    Paul Lynch, Feb 2, 2004
  17. Nettransplant

    Consultant Guest

    exactly!

    Consultant, Feb 2, 2004
  18. Nettransplant

    JaR Guest

    > By the way. I am selling this kick ass product called "Good Thing".

    I'll go ahead and take about 50 cents worth. When can you deliver it?
    JaR, Feb 2, 2004
  19. Nettransplant

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Paul Lynch <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:26:25 -0800, Rowdy Yates
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry Paul. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this.
    >>
    >>By the way. I am selling this kick ass product called "Good Thing".
    >>Everyone on the web says it rocks! My web page is currenty a blank
    >>white page, but if you want it, search google to find out more about
    >>it. Then come back to me. i can sell it to you for $200. I swear,
    >>it's a really cool product and it's a "good thing" to have.
    >>
    >>what's the matter? you don't believe me? why not? isn't that how you
    >>buy somethng if you really want it? come on, Paul, $200 for a "good
    >>thing". you can't go wrong.

    > Rowdy,
    >
    > I've read this post a few times now and I can't for the life of me see
    > what point you are trying to make here.
    >
    > Ho hum....
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul Lynch
    > MCSE

    Okay, let me try again.

    I think it's very presumptious of you to assume that someone will google
    the hell out of a product before they decide to buy it. It's bad
    salesmanship and you miss out on lots of sales.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    I am Against-TCPA
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 3, 2004
  20. Nettransplant

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:03:01 -0800, Rowdy Yates
    <> wrote:

    >Okay, let me try again.

    OK, if you must....

    >I think it's very presumptious of you to assume that someone will google
    >the hell out of a product before they decide to buy it. It's bad
    >salesmanship and you miss out on lots of sales.

    So you think it would be a mistake to assume that someone might
    actually do their research about a product before they went out and
    bought it. Is that what you are saying ? Really ?

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE
    Paul Lynch, Feb 4, 2004