    Event ID: 1030
    Date: 7/25/2004
    Time: 6:01:04 PM
    User: TAHOE\administrator
    Computer: YUKON
    Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the
    event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy
    engine that describes the reason for this.

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: LSASRV
    Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
    Event ID: 40961
    Date: 7/25/2004
    Time: 6:00:32 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: YUKON
    The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the
    server ldap/yukon.local.tahoe.com/.
    No authentication protocol was available.

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: LSASRV
    Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
    Event ID: 40960
    Date: 7/25/2004
    Time: 6:00:32 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: YUKON
    The Security System detected an authentication error for the server
    ldap/yukon.local.tahoe.com/. The
    failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "The time at
    the Primary Domain Controller is different than the time at the
    Backup Domain Controller or member server by too large an amount.
    (0xc0000133)".

    Date: 7/25/2004
    Time: 6:00:22 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: YUKON
    The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the
    server cifs/tahoeman. No authentication protocol was available.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1097
    Date: 7/25/2004
    Time: 6:01:04 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: YUKON
    Windows cannot find the machine account, The clocks on the client and
    server machines are skewed. .

    Maybe I should use VMware or something? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I tried
    everything on Google. If I do a "net time \\tahoeman /set /y", I get
    an access denied message and then if I run it again, it completes
    succesfully, but I still get the error messages about Group Policy
    and the clock skew in the event log.

    Thanks,
    Adam

    Adam Leinss, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Adam,

    Are you trying to run Server 2003 as the guest OS on the VPC 2004 virtual
    machine?

    You need Virtual Server 2005 for that--it's still in beta.
    You can register to download a preview copy of the release candidate at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/evaluation/rceval.mspx

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

    Larry Samuels, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Adam Leinss

    catwalker63 Guest

    Replied with links inline with errors. I hope these help.

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1030&eventno=1542&source=Userenv&phase=1

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=40961&source=LSASRV

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=40961&eventno=1398&source=LsaSrv&phase=1

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=40960&source=LSASRV

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=40960&eventno=787&source=LsaSrv&phase=1

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1097&eventno=2126&source=Userenv&phase=1

    catwalker63, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Adam Leinss

    Adam Leinss Guest

    "Larry Samuels" <> wrote in

    > Adam,
    >
    > Are you trying to run Server 2003 as the guest OS on the VPC 2004
    > virtual machine?

    Yes! Wow, it's been a long day today. I just noticed that the date on
    my other box was 7/26 and it's 7/25 on the virtual machine. net time
    doesn't set the date, only the time. I guess that's what too much
    reading does to your brain!

    Talk about mea cupla. However, I'm still getting these two errors in
    the event log (one old, one new):

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1030

    Date: 7/25/2004
    Time: 6:29:11 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: YUKON
    Windows cannot find the machine account, The Local Security Authority
    cannot be contacted .

    Anyone? Maybe I should start over by reformating and trying again?

    Adam

    Adam Leinss, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Adam Leinss

    Adam Leinss Guest

    Adam Leinss <> wrote in

    > Anyone? Maybe I should start over by reformating and trying
    > again?

    Now it works without errors...whew, well I now I know how to royally
    screw up a domain controller, he he he.

    Thanks for all the help guys.
    Adam

    Adam Leinss, Jul 26, 2004
  6. Adam Leinss

    Kool68 Guest

    Hi Adam, I am using Virtual PC 2004 with Win2k3 with no
    errors at all on my laptop & also on a desktop (both
    Dell). The only trouble I have is getting the 2nd virtual
    machine (XP Pro) to network with the virtual server, but
    I hope to have it worked out soon. Do you have any other
    hardware you could test it on?
    Cheers,
    Kool

    ldap/yukon.local.tahoe.com/
    ..

    Kool68, Jul 26, 2004
  7. Adam Leinss

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:20:04 -0400, "Larry Samuels" <>
    wrote:

    >Adam,
    >
    >Are you trying to run Server 2003 as the guest OS on the VPC 2004 virtual
    >machine?
    >
    >You need Virtual Server 2005 for that--it's still in beta.
    >You can register to download a preview copy of the release candidate at:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/evaluation/rceval.mspx

    You can actually run Windows 2003 as a guest OS in VPC 2004, its just
    not supported by MS. I've got W2K3 running as a guest OS and it runs
    fine.

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, Jul 26, 2004
  8. Hi Paul,

    I had it working as well, but IIS was flaky at best.
    Too many random disconnects, 404s, etc.
    Media Server was worse--it was rare to be able to connect to a publishing
    point from outside the local LAN.

    Larry Samuels, Jul 26, 2004
  9. Adam Leinss

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:50:06 -0400, "Larry Samuels" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Paul,
    >
    >I had it working as well, but IIS was flaky at best.
    >Too many random disconnects, 404s, etc.
    >Media Server was worse--it was rare to be able to connect to a publishing
    >point from outside the local LAN.

    That's odd. I run a variety of IIS VM's here and they are all rock
    solid.

    I've never had any problems running any version of IIS under VPC 2004.

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, Jul 26, 2004