    Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?

    Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run on x64?

    Thanks.
    Yug3sh, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Yug3sh got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?
    >
    > Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run on x64?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Like the Intellitype and Intellimouse - "Sometime in the future",
    perhaps Tomorrow, perhaps next year, perhaps when LittleHorn arives,
    perhaps when man lands on the sun...

    You would think they would be eager to get VPC working with 64Bit, as
    VMWare 5 was worked for 4 months now... Tick Tock Microsoft......
    Mark Gillespie, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Yug3sh

    DKI Guest

    VPC will be made compatable with service pack 2 which should be released
    with in this year. but remember since they want to get it right time tables
    with them are not reliable but i rather them have more time and break time
    tables to deliver a good product then a crap one.

    The intellitype and intellimouse is a different story. untill that
    department (who ever it is) pull there fingers out there arses then we are
    going to have to wait, its suppose to be in the works or soon but realy bill
    gates him self should of put presure on those people to get the ball rolling
    since the department who handles the hardware side should of knew X64 was
    being built and going to be released.

    DKI, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Where did you get that about Service Pack 2 will make Virtual PC 2004
    compatible XP Pro x64 DKI? I remember reading somewhere, Microsoft will
    release a version 2 of Virtual PC this year that will be compatible with
    x64.

    In the mean time, your best solution is VM Ware or Virtual Server 2005 SP1.
    VM Ware Workstation 5 Trial:
    http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/newstore/wkst_eval_login.jsp

    Virtual Server 2005 SP1 "BETA"
    Download Virtual Server 2005 SP1:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/evaluation/sp1beta.mspx

    Remember, its beta:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/default.mspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 7, 2005
  5. Yug3sh

    DKI Guest

    I can't remember where i found the info. also somewhere in either this news
    group or the old beta news group before it switched over to here mike from
    MS said something about it.

    DKI, Jul 7, 2005
  6. Yug3sh

    DKI Guest

    just read what you was refering to sorry now being a little more clearer
    Mike said it would be out this year SP2 and it being compatable and
    somewhere else was more about the dates.

    DKI, Jul 7, 2005
  7. In spite of what others are saying on this thread, I don't believe anyone has
    announced when VPC will support x64 Edition. It _will_ be supported for
    Virtual Server SP1, which is due out soon.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 8, 2005
  8. Yug3sh

    DKI Guest

    I not sure but in either this group or the old beta news group for x64 it
    was confirmed by mike from MSFT a while back that they would be supporting
    VPC with SP2.

    DKI, Jul 8, 2005
  9. No announcement has been made about a new service pack for VPC that will
    support x64. Virtual Server 2005 SP1 beta does run on x64. That Service
    Pack will probably go to rtm by the end of the year.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 9, 2005
  10. Thanks, Colin. Hopefully they'll believe you, since they don't seem to want
    to believe me. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 10, 2005
  11. I don't remember hearing anything like that, I remember Virtual PC version
    2, or like Charlie says Virtual Server 2005 SP1 is supported.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005