    pics etc
    I'm a novie, so novice language would help--thanks!
    Windows XP SP 2

    davo, Jul 19, 2006

  2. davo

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-19, davo <> wrote:
    > I received notice that my virtual memory minimum is too low. I know how to
    > increase the file size-currently it's 473 MB. But what kinds of things
    > should I look at to decrease my usage--i generally only email and have a few
    > pics etc
    > I'm a novie, so novice language would help--thanks!
    > Windows XP SP 2

    Let windows manage it. Don't set it yourself:
    Right click "My Computer">properties>Advanced>Performance
    settings>Advanced (performance options)>virtual memory (change)

    Then when you get to the virtual memory window, left-click the "system
    managed size" button, right-click "set" and say OK to everything as you
    back out of the windows.

    Repeat the above sequence if you have special needs but it's usually
    better to let Windows manage you virtual memory.

    --
    Deliberation, n.:
    The act of examining one's bread to determine which side it is

    Jimchip, Jul 19, 2006

  3. davo

    John Holmes Guest

    davo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I received notice that my virtual memory minimum is too low. I know
    > how to increase the file size-currently it's 473 MB. But what kinds of
    > things should I look at to decrease my usage--i generally only email
    > and have a few pics etc
    > I'm a novie, so novice language would help--thanks!
    > Windows XP SP 2

    Stop visiting pr0n sites.

    --
    Your mother was a mean amateur musician who contracted venereal diseases
    in disused film sets.

    John Holmes, Jul 19, 2006
  4. davo

    Clogwog Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > davo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> I received notice that my virtual memory minimum is too low. I know
    >> how to increase the file size-currently it's 473 MB. But what kinds
    >> of things should I look at to decrease my usage--i generally only
    >> email and have a few pics etc
    >> I'm a novie, so novice language would help--thanks!
    >> Windows XP SP 2
    >>

    > Stop visiting pr0n sites.

    Except John Holmes movie sites?

    Clogwog, Jul 19, 2006
  5. davo

    John Holmes Guest

    Clogwog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> davo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> I received notice that my virtual memory minimum is too low. I know
    >>> how to increase the file size-currently it's 473 MB. But what kinds
    >>> of things should I look at to decrease my usage--i generally only
    >>> email and have a few pics etc
    >>> I'm a novie, so novice language would help--thanks!
    >>> Windows XP SP 2
    >>>

    >> Stop visiting pr0n sites.

    > Except John Holmes movie sites?

    Not even those...

    --
    Your mother was an apolitical cretin who lived a life of sin and misery
    in a padded cell.

    John Holmes, Jul 19, 2006