    manually adjusting the min/max setting help to improve performance?

    Thanks
    Pat

    Pat, Feb 15, 2004

  2. "Pat" <> wrote in message
    news:c0odbm$c3n$...
    > The system I am using is WindowsME with 512mb RAM.
    > In the Virtual Memory folder it is set to "Let windows manage my virtual
    > memory settings"
    > Because I am experiencing problems with limited system resources would
    > manually adjusting the min/max setting help to improve performance?

    well, really if you disable virtual memory you will get your computer
    winging at you because it has run out of memory.

    Representative Trantis, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Pat

    mark mandel Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    > The system I am using is WindowsME with 512mb RAM.
    > In the Virtual Memory folder it is set to "Let windows manage my virtual
    > memory settings"
    > Because I am experiencing problems with limited system resources would
    > manually adjusting the min/max setting help to improve performance?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Pat

    With that much RAM, you really needn't be concerned about the virtual memory
    settings. Just let Windows do it for ya then.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Pat

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in news:c0odbm$c3n$1
    @news5.svr.pol.co.uk:

    > Because I am experiencing problems with limited system resources would
    > manually adjusting the min/max setting help to improve performance?

    System Resources are completely unrelated to the amount of system RAM you
    have or the amount of virtual memory you are allocating. Every computer,
    from a scorching P4 with 1 GB of DDR RAM to a lowly 386 with 8 megs of RAM
    has the exact same amount of system resources in a 9x environment.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 16, 2004
  5. "Pat" <> wrote in message
    > The system I am using is WindowsME with 512mb RAM.
    > In the Virtual Memory folder it is set to "Let windows manage my virtual
    > memory settings"
    > Because I am experiencing problems with limited system resources would
    > manually adjusting the min/max setting help to improve performance?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Pat

    System resources is not dependent on virtual memory, it is a different
    animal. Changing your settings and even adding more memory will not change
    your resources.
    Why do you think your resources are limited? Your computer should run fine
    with resources as low as 10%.

    The Ancient One, Feb 16, 2004
  6. Pat

    Wizard Guest