    repeatedly get a physical memory dump?

    Thanks in advance,

    Killer Klowns
    KK, Jul 15, 2004

  2. KK

    PLS Guest

    Virtual memory only exists after windows/linux is installed.
    Post the error message and perhaps someone can help you.

    "KK" <> wrote in message
    > I think that I'm having problems with virtual memory, but am

    unaware
    > how to resolve it. I'm running a 2500+ processor, 512mb ram and

    am
    > trying to install Windows XP on a new 160gb hard drive but

    everytime I
    > try I get a physical memory dump. The motherboard is also new,

    so I'm
    > wondering if it's a problem with virtual memory.
    >
    > If this is the case...
    >
    > a) How can I check virtual memory without an o/s installed (I

    can exit
    > to dos from the windows installation application)?
    > b) How can I change the virtual memory without an o/s

    installed?

    PLS, Jul 15, 2004

  3. KK

    mark mandel Guest

    "KK" <> wrote in message
    > I think that I'm having problems with virtual memory, but am unaware
    > how to resolve it. I'm running a 2500+ processor, 512mb ram and am
    > trying to install Windows XP on a new 160gb hard drive but everytime I
    > try I get a physical memory dump. The motherboard is also new, so I'm
    > wondering if it's a problem with virtual memory.
    >
    > If this is the case...
    >
    > a) How can I check virtual memory without an o/s installed (I can exit
    > to dos from the windows installation application)?
    > b) How can I change the virtual memory without an o/s installed?
    >
    > If this isn't the case, then does anyone have any ideas why I
    > repeatedly get a physical memory dump?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Killer Klowns

    This might offer some assistance:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314084
    mark mandel, Jul 15, 2004
  4. KK

    derek / nul Guest

    On 15 Jul 2004 02:06:04 -0700, (KK) wrote:

    >I think that I'm having problems with virtual memory, but am unaware
    >how to resolve it. I'm running a 2500+ processor, 512mb ram and am
    >trying to install Windows XP on a new 160gb hard drive but everytime I
    >try I get a physical memory dump. The motherboard is also new, so I'm
    >wondering if it's a problem with virtual memory.
    >
    >If this is the case...
    >
    >a) How can I check virtual memory without an o/s installed (I can exit
    >to dos from the windows installation application)?
    >b) How can I change the virtual memory without an o/s installed?
    >
    >If this isn't the case, then does anyone have any ideas why I
    >repeatedly get a physical memory dump?

    You have a hardware problem, post the information of the first blue screen.
    derek / nul, Jul 15, 2004