Virtual Memory problem ? .....pls help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by lindagoldstein100@yahoo.com, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Virtual Memory problem ? .....pls help

    I recently bought a laptop...Toshiba Satellite M35X - S114

    Intel Celeron M processor 350,
    256 MB SDRAM,
    40GB HDD,
    Windows XP Home
    It used work well before.

    the last few weeks it is giving me trouble.

    The browser, notepad etc. say
    NOT RESPONDING

    I hear a sound and the screen freezes and after 30 - 60 seconds or so
    it unfreezes by itself. Very frustrating.

    Once I saw a message that said
    Virtual Memory Low.

    I have run
    Virus software,
    Defrag,
    Disk cleanup,
    unchecked programs running in background in Start section,
    run adware
    Cleared Cookies, cache in Mozilla, IE

    I checked the HDD I am only using 30% capacity.

    Is there a Software conflict. The only software added was the T Mobile
    card and software so I can check my emails anywhere.

    or something else ?

    Since I am not a Technical person pls help me.

    Thanks

    Linda

    , Apr 21, 2006

  2. Noel Paton Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Virtual Memory problem ? .....pls help
    >
    > I recently bought a laptop...Toshiba Satellite M35X - S114
    >
    > Intel Celeron M processor 350,
    > 256 MB SDRAM,
    > 40GB HDD,
    > Windows XP Home
    > It used work well before.
    >
    > the last few weeks it is giving me trouble.
    >
    > The browser, notepad etc. say
    > NOT RESPONDING
    >
    > I hear a sound and the screen freezes and after 30 - 60 seconds or so
    > it unfreezes by itself. Very frustrating.
    >
    > Once I saw a message that said
    > Virtual Memory Low.
    >
    > I have run
    > Virus software,
    > Defrag,
    > Disk cleanup,
    > unchecked programs running in background in Start section,
    > run adware
    > Cleared Cookies, cache in Mozilla, IE
    >
    > I checked the HDD I am only using 30% capacity.
    >
    > Is there a Software conflict. The only software added was the T Mobile
    > card and software so I can check my emails anywhere.
    >
    > or something else ?
    >
    > Since I am not a Technical person pls help me.
    >
    > Thanks

    Go to Add/Remove Programs
    make sure that you have 'Show Updates' checked
    Uninstall the 908531 update
    reboot, and see if that improves things

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)