    Is it possible to download Cisco's IOS and use it as virtual on for
    example VMware?

    Or do I have to buy a router to study and test the IOS?
    Kenny, Aug 22, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    Kenny <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to download Cisco's IOS and use it as virtual on for
    >example VMware?

    Cisco's IOS is not intended to run on general-purpose computers,
    and few (if any) IOS versions are intended to run on x86 CPUs.

    >Or do I have to buy a router to study and test the IOS?

    Boson router simulation
    Walter Roberson, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Kenny

    Jens Haase Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to download Cisco's IOS and use it as virtual on for
    > example VMware?
    >
    > Or do I have to buy a router to study and test the IOS?

    There is a Cisco 7200 Simulator:

    http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/index.php/Cisco_7200_Simulator

    but you probaly run into licensing issues when you download and run the
    IOS on it. I cannot imagine Cisco would like that.

    Jens
    Jens Haase, Aug 22, 2006
  4. Kenny

    James Guest

    Jens Haase wrote:
    > Kenny wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is it possible to download Cisco's IOS and use it as virtual on for
    > > example VMware?
    > >
    > > Or do I have to buy a router to study and test the IOS?

    e-bay - I bought 6 x 2610's for around 400 USD, perfect for studying
    with.

    James
    James, Aug 23, 2006