    number is no more usable. Next time I will generate another random
    "virtual" number....

    Tks miken

    miken, Jan 3, 2008

  2. miken

    Richard Guest

    miken wrote:
    > Hi all
    > Do any of the banks in NZ have the the "virtual" credit
    > cards, so that when I want to pay somebody with that credit card, I
    > connect with my bank account, and generate a random credit card number
    > on-the-fly, which is valid for one use only, and only for the
    > specified amount.
    > If it is intercepted on its way to the destination, no problem. That
    > number is no more usable. Next time I will generate another random
    > "virtual" number....

    Seems like a lot of dicking around to buy something. Mind you, I cant
    see the reason that people are so excited about Westpac's stupid debit
    card, so perhaps hassle to buy is a good thing?

    If you are worried about the sellers systems being hacked (happens all
    the time with people who know nothing and a php based cart like
    oscommerce) then see if they take paypal so the numbers never exposed to
    the seller.

    Otherwise just do what most people do and chargeback any fraudulent use
    if it happens.

    Richard, Jan 3, 2008