Virtual Bouncer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Dean, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. John Dean

    John Dean Guest

    I tried this in alt.comp.anti-virus but without a helpful reply. Any advice?

    I was getting strange behaviour from a program (Running Windows XP) - if I
    tried to load it, it loaded over and over until there were 50 or 60 copies
    running. Plus the right-click function on my mouse didn't work. I
    uninstalled the program and ran Norton AV - no threats. Ran Adaware -
    various problems all capable of fixing. Ran Spybot. In addition to various
    fixable problems I got the message "Error during check! Virtual Bouncer [4]
    (Access violation at address 005A751C in module 'SpybotSD.exe' Read of
    address 060DFFFF}"
    The right click works fine again but I haven't reinstalled the errant
    program.
    Searching on-line tells me Virtual Bouncer can cause multiple loads of eg IE
    (though that didn't happen) so maybe that caused the multiple loads of my
    program.
    The Symantec site lists the names of the various files that accompany
    Virtual Bouncer and I've searched for these without finding them (eg
    vbouncer.exe). I've looked, as recommended, at the Add?Remove program list
    and Virtual Bouncer isn't there.
    So - do I have Virtual Bouncer? How can I be sure either way? Is there any
    significance to the error message in Spybot?
    --
    John Dean
    Oxford
    John Dean, Aug 19, 2007

  2. John Dean

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use Remove-it version 12, it's fast and free. It now has over 3800
    signatures to remove All variants of Virusburst, Spy Dawn, Spylock,and
    Antivermins. New Feature, Remove-it will now update your hosts file. This
    tool is designed to Specifically remove all variants. Scan time is about 2
    minutes. Designed for Windows 2000/XP only. Password is still required.
    First read this page http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then use the email
    link on the bottom of the page to receive the software.

    Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    pcbutts1, Aug 19, 2007

  3. John Dean

    Leythos Guest

    In article <faagcg$d2b$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > New Feature, Remove-it will now update your hosts file.

    To block the downloading of quality malware fighting tools and you get
    the benefit of visiting a PORN HOSTING SITE for the download. Do you
    really want to trust content/help from a Porn Site?

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    AdAwareSE can be found here:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    SmitRem.exe by Noahdfear's SmitFraud, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, removal tool
    http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click counter/click.php?id=1

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
    3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
    not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
    googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Aug 20, 2007