  1. suad

    suad Guest

    helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.
    suad, Dec 24, 2006

  2. suad

    Mike Easter Guest

    suad wrote:
    > helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

    Your OS is Win. An icon on your desktop is a shortcut to something. If
    you R click the shortcut icon on your desktop, the Properties selection
    will tell you the application for the shortcut.

    That being said, you/we also have to deal with your ability to interpret
    information you find/see and your potential for insecurity related
    problems.

    Besides having a 'dog' icon on your desktop I presume, we/you also have
    the condition of using an insecure browser configured insecurely with
    the underlying insecure operating system in the hands of a user behaving
    insecurely.

    Where shall we start to engage a more secure set of decisions?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 24, 2006

  3. suad

    suad Guest

    how can i remove it. every time i open my pc and open internet, i find
    it in temprory internet file. it have a different name each time i log
    to net. what u mention about shorutcut, it is not a shorcut for any
    programe. thank

    suad, Dec 24, 2006
  5. suad

    SJP Guest

    SJP, Dec 24, 2006
  6. suad

    ellis_jay Guest

    suad wrote:
    > helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

    The only icon I am aware of is the one that is default and pops up when AVG
    free finds a virus. The icon is just a warning and is not the virus.
    Perhaps that is what you have seen. Look in your vault, it may be there or
    may not. If you use AVG then run your scanner. Use additional protection.
    Try an online scanner such as Housecall or Bitdefender or Asquared on line.

    Google for the links.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Dec 24, 2006
  7. suad

    ellis_jay Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > suad wrote:
    >> helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

    > Your OS is Win. An icon on your desktop is a shortcut to something.
    > If you R click the shortcut icon on your desktop, the Properties
    > selection will tell you the application for the shortcut.
    >
    > That being said, you/we also have to deal with your ability to
    > interpret information you find/see and your potential for insecurity
    > related problems.
    >
    > Besides having a 'dog' icon on your desktop I presume, we/you also
    > have the condition of using an insecure browser configured insecurely
    > with the underlying insecure operating system in the hands of a user
    > behaving insecurely.
    >
    > Where shall we start to engage a more secure set of decisions?

    Mike, did I miss a part of this thread? I did not read where the OP said
    it was on his desktop as in a manner of other icons and normal. As I told
    the OP in another offering, Avg from Grisoft sometimes will have an icon
    looking like a mean-ass bulldog or something warning of a virus. But the
    icon itself is not a virus. If that is what is popping up it will not
    remain on the desktop for long.

    ellis_jay, Dec 24, 2006
  8. suad

    Mike Easter Guest

    ellis_jay wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> suad wrote:
    >>> helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

    >> An icon on your desktop is a shortcut to something.

    > Mike, did I miss a part of this thread? I did not read where the OP
    > said it was on his desktop as in a manner of other icons and normal.

    My tho'ts were in the channel that the OP didn't know what s/he was
    talking about and that s/he had a dog icon on hir desktop, etiology
    unknown - not necessarily virus related.

    > As I told the OP in another offering, Avg from Grisoft sometimes
    > will have an icon looking like a mean-ass bulldog or something
    > warning of a virus. But the icon itself is not a virus. If that is
    > what is popping up it will not remain on the desktop for long.

    Methinks you are giving the OP more AV credit [AVG related] than I did.

    When I read what a googlegrouper posts, I automatically set my
    decryption feelers to 'poster doesn't know anything about what s/he is
    saying.'

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 24, 2006