    --
    Dave Croft
    Warrington
    Dave Croft, May 3, 2007

  2. Dave Croft

    meerkat Guest

    "Dave Croft" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the areas
    > in the UK
    > that had NTL problems.
    > I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site still
    > exists?
    > TIA

    www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

    Try here Dave.
    meerkat, May 3, 2007

  3. Dave Croft

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:50:57 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:

    > Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the areas in the UK
    > that had NTL problems.
    > I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site still exists?
    > TIA

    Hey Dave- Runcorn here :)

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, May 3, 2007
  4. Dave Croft

    meerkat Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:50:57 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:
    >
    >> Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the areas
    >> in the UK
    >> that had NTL problems.
    >> I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site still
    >> exists?
    >> TIA
    >>

    > Hey Dave- Runcorn here :)

    Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
    We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )
    meerkat, May 3, 2007
  5. Dave Croft

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:35:59 +0000, meerkat wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:50:57 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:
    >>
    >>> Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the areas
    >>> in the UK
    >>> that had NTL problems.
    >>> I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site still
    >>> exists?
    >>> TIA
    >>>

    >> Hey Dave- Runcorn here :)
    >>

    > Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
    > We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

    They fixed the roof on that old cathedral yet? :)

    Aardvark, May 3, 2007
  6. Dave Croft

    meerkat Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:35:59 +0000, meerkat wrote:
    >
    >> "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hey Dave- Runcorn here :)
    >>>

    >> Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
    >> We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

    > They fixed the roof on that old cathedral yet? :)

    They`re just gonna use it as an `open air` cathedral now.
    Gotta `cut back` and save money you know %. )
    meerkat, May 3, 2007
  7. Dave Croft

    Dave Croft Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message news:eek:hm_h.5326$%...
    > On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:50:57 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:
    >
    >> Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the areas in the UK
    >> that had NTL problems.
    >> I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site still exists?
    >> TIA
    >>

    > Hey Dave- Runcorn here :)
    > --
    > Registered Linux User 413057.
    > Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    > You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

    Thanks Gentlemen. By the way in 1957 I used to repair the telephones in
    Widnes in the morning & Runcorn in the Afternoons.
    It scared the Sh*ts out of me driving every day on to the transporter bridge
    (GPO Van nose against the gate) & having a big ICI tanker push up behind me.
    I was scared that if the transporter stopped suddenly I might get pushed off.
    That was a long while ago, I've been retired for 10 years.
    --
    Dave Croft
    Warrington
    Dave Croft, May 3, 2007
  8. Dave Croft

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 16:33:18 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:

    > Thanks Gentlemen. By the way in 1957 I used to repair the telephones in
    > Widnes in the morning & Runcorn in the Afternoons.
    > It scared the Sh*ts out of me driving every day on to the transporter bridge
    > (GPO Van nose against the gate) & having a big ICI tanker push up behind me.
    > I was scared that if the transporter stopped suddenly I might get pushed off.
    > That was a long while ago, I've been retired for 10 years.

    Things got better after 1961 when they opened the bridge. For a while.
    Seems we'll soon have a second crossing (then again, they've been saying
    that for years).

    I never had the pleasure of using the transporter bridge having only moved
    to Runcorn in 1979, although if I'm ever in Middlesbrough I think I'll
    give theirs a spin.:)

    Aardvark, May 3, 2007
  9. meerkat wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:50:57 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:
    >>
    >>> Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the areas
    >>> in the UK
    >>> that had NTL problems.
    >>> I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site still
    >>> exists?
    >>> TIA
    >>>

    >> Hey Dave- Runcorn here :)
    >>

    > Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
    > We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

    Hey you guys -- Los Angeles here, you silly Brits. ;)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, May 3, 2007
  10. Dave Croft

    Alfred Guest

    Alfred, May 3, 2007
  11. Dave Croft

    meerkat Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > meerkat wrote:
    >>
    >> "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hey Dave- Runcorn here :)
    >>>

    >> Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
    >> We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

    > Hey you guys -- Los Angeles here, you silly Brits. ;)

    You can join our club, I like sharks <g>.
    meerkat, May 3, 2007
  12. Dave Croft

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-05-03, meerkat <> wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> meerkat wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
    >>> We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

    >> Hey you guys -- Los Angeles here, you silly Brits. ;)
    >>

    > You can join our club, I like sharks <g>.

    For the record, even in the UK other ISPs are available.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 3, 2007
  13. meerkat wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> meerkat wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
    >>> We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

    >> Hey you guys -- Los Angeles here, you silly Brits. ;)
    >>

    > You can join our club, I like sharks <g>.

    Okay. And on the flip side...

    Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:

    http://www.sharks.org/

    Show your support with a small contribution. :)

    The bastages have recently gone to a Flash website. I may move to
    another institution over this. Grrrrrrr.

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007
  14. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >Okay. And on the flip side...
    >
    >Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
    >
    >http://www.sharks.org/
    >
    >Show your support with a small contribution. :)

    "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
    as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
    in developing countries. "

    Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?
    \Fat Tony\ D'Amico, May 4, 2007
  15. \"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>Okay. And on the flip side...
    >>
    >>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
    >>
    >>http://www.sharks.org/
    >>
    >>Show your support with a small contribution. :)

    > "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
    > as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
    > in developing countries. "

    They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.

    That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.

    > Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

    A position in the food chain.

    Food for humans.

    What "value" do sunsets provide?

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007
  16. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >\"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >>>Okay. And on the flip side...
    >>>
    >>>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.sharks.org/
    >>>
    >>>Show your support with a small contribution. :)

    >> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
    >> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
    >> in developing countries. "

    >They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.

    So what? That does not make me whip out the checkbook.

    >That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.

    Yeah. They are. Sharks are but one cog in the larger machine.

    >> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

    >A position in the food chain.

    As all living things do, but that does not make be want to finance
    "research" to things that are not necessary. I might as well finance
    algae research.

    >Food for humans.

    I don't eat shark. Never will.

    >What "value" do sunsets provide?

    No such thing as sunsets. That is a perception of your relative
    location to Earth and our sun.
    \Fat Tony\ D'Amico, May 4, 2007
  17. Dave Croft

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 04 May 2007 01:04:56 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > \"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >>>Okay. And on the flip side...
    >>>
    >>>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.sharks.org/
    >>>
    >>>Show your support with a small contribution. :)

    >> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
    >> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
    >> in developing countries. "

    > They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.
    >
    > That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.
    >
    >> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

    > A position in the food chain.
    >
    > Food for humans.
    >
    > What "value" do sunsets provide?

    I eat shark steaks regularly. If I could eat a sunset, I would :)

    Aardvark, May 4, 2007
  18. \"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>\"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:

    >>> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
    >>> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
    >>> in developing countries. "

    >>They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.

    > So what? That does not make me whip out the checkbook.

    So what? I'm not spending your money.

    >>That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.

    > Yeah. They are. Sharks are but one cog in the larger machine.
    >

    >>> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

    >>A position in the food chain.

    > As all living things do, but that does not make be want to finance
    > "research" to things that are not necessary. I might as well finance
    > algae research.

    So finance what you care about. Like I do.

    >>Food for humans.

    > I don't eat shark. Never will.

    Who cares?

    >>What "value" do sunsets provide?

    > No such thing as sunsets. That is a perception of your relative
    > location to Earth and our sun.

    Have a nice life.

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007
  19. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 May 2007 01:04:56 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> \"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:

    >>> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
    >>> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
    >>> in developing countries. "

    >> They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.
    >>
    >> That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.
    >>
    >>> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

    >> A position in the food chain.
    >>
    >> Food for humans.
    >>
    >> What "value" do sunsets provide?

    > I eat shark steaks regularly. If I could eat a sunset, I would :)

    A good shark steak is a fine thing. :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007
  20. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >Have a nice life.

    I was expecting a plea for some kind of shark crisis that needed to be
    solved. I guess there is none, you wanted funds for an organization
    that puts money in your pocket, apparently.
    \Fat Tony\ D'Amico, May 4, 2007