Virgim Media rip-off

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by EricP, May 3, 2007.

  1. EricP

    EricP Guest

    EricP, May 3, 2007

  2. EricP

    EricP Guest

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:02:54 GMT, EricP <>
    wrote:

    >For UK customers who may miss it and wonder why their connection dies
    >in the evening.
    >
    >http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

    Further to this, you remain turned down for 4 hours regardless of
    reaching the midnight ceasing of the restricted period. So if you get
    throttled at 11.59pm you remain throttled until 3.59am.

    So much for the streaming TV services coming to the UK.
    EricP, May 3, 2007

  3. EricP

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:02:54 GMT, EricP wrote:

    >For UK customers who may miss it and wonder why their connection dies
    >in the evening.
    >
    >http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

    Was told a few days ago, the 20Mbps u/g is starting where I am, so TBC
    seems about right.

    The whole thing is just plain silly, the TV ads say unlimited only 1 has
    small print on screen and then the page you refer to says -

    -----
    Aren't you simply trying to cut costs?
    We want to deliver the best possible value to all our customers – and
    that's exactly what we're doing. That's why we're starting to double the
    speed of our top broadband package up to a supersonic 20Mb.
    -----

    Then it gets to this bit,

    -----
    Broadband Size: XL
    During peak times, the top 5% on the Size: XL package download at least
    3GB of traffic each.

    Any users hitting this amount during peak times (4pm till midnight) will
    have their broadband speed temporarily traffic managed – their download
    speed will be set to 5Mb, with their upload speed set to 256Kb. This
    will last for 4 hours from when the traffic management policy is
    applied.
    -----

    So the policy is, cut the 20Mbps (paid for limit) to 25% , hopefully the
    new traffic management system has a method to refund the difference
    between what's being paid for and what is allowed by the limit.

    Me
    why?, May 3, 2007