viral behaviour?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anthonyberet, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Recently my computer has been throwing periodic wobblies, where the mouse
    pointer moves erratically when I move the mouse and all the windows open
    seem to maximise and minimise themselves all over the screen. When I stop
    touching the mouse, all goes calm, but the machine is unusable when it is
    doing this.

    It did this a few times a while back, but I put it down to driver or OS
    problems. (win89se)
    However it has been very bad today and I have had to reboot 4 times because
    of it.

    It seems very like a virus, but I have run AVG and spybot S&D and adaware
    without anything showing up.

    Any random thoughts? -knowing which virus would be a start.
    How can I search for virus definitions by symptom?
    --
    You can't email me at the moment.
    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
    anthonyberet, Nov 30, 2003

  2. anthonyberet

    Nottoman Guest

    I would very much doubt a virus is involved, especially since it sounds like
    you're running some AV software. Switch mouse and keyboard to a different
    set for awhile and see it the problem reoccurs, or at least disconnect and
    reconnect them, and/or reinstall the drivers.

    My bet. Your mouse is going belly up.

    Nottoman, Nov 30, 2003