    I have a laptop with wifi connection.

    Is is possible to "roam" and make VIOP calls ??

    Andy

    AC, Jan 12, 2007

  2. AC

    kharnal Guest

    AC wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a funny question.
    >
    > I have a laptop with wifi connection.
    >
    > Is is possible to "roam" and make VIOP calls ??
    >
    > Andy

    VIOP?

    HAHAHAHA

    Voice Over IP

    LOL

    kharnal, Jan 12, 2007

  3. AC

    David Hettel Guest

    Well it depends on the VoIP service and the provider of Wi-Fi. My guess is
    it's a lot easier to make than receive calls. I use MSN Messenger to talk to
    other people all the time, Skype also works.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Jan 12, 2007
  4. If you have needed s/w installed ( which connect to VOIP provider ) , and
    internet ( wired or wireless ( AP/router ) ) obviously you can talk. BTW my
    laptop have no built-in microphone so to talk I need to use external one :(
    Arkady

    Arkady Frenkel, Jan 12, 2007
  5. If you want standalone s/w you can check www.xten.com e.g.
    Arkady