  1. Roger_Nickel

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    On National Radio Now (9.15)
    Roger_Nickel, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Roger_Nickel

    Richard Guest

    Roger_Nickel wrote:
    > On National Radio Now (9.15)

    is a reply availbel of this on any of the usual sources?
    Richard, Apr 1, 2006

  3. Roger_Nickel

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Apr 1, 2006
  4. Roger_Nickel

    Shane Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > Richard wrote:
    >> Roger_Nickel wrote:
    >>> On National Radio Now (9.15)

    >> is a reply availbel of this on any of the usual sources?

    > on line at RadioNZ
    > http://www.radionz.co.nz/nr/programmes/saturday

    Awesome to hear him speak (heard it live and then again via internet radio)
    One concern I have about his interview, is his comments on Googles attempt
    to deliver 'better' search results
    His example was, if someone does a search for "Robert Louis Stevenson" you
    will get results of the author, but (if one exists) you will get results
    concerning Robert Louis Stevenson 12 Te Rapa drive Hamilton, thus google
    wants to tailor results so that you only get the results you desire ( you
    skew it towards the author, or towards the other entry depending on what
    you want)
    This horrifys me, because I would never have found the rabbit hole, nor have
    any idea how deep it was, without accidental search results thrown back at
    me by google. IOW I would never have known to deliberately search for some
    things that put me onto something Ive come to really like... comp sci
    Im *sure* Im not the only one, and this doesnt only apply to my subject of
    choice, so IMO (humble my ass) google shouldnt over refine what they have
    </rant>
    Shane, Apr 1, 2006