Vigor(.co.uk?) - Anyone tried them (yet)?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Oct 30, 2006.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    My amusement and interest in and with vigor.co.uk (SIP provider + other
    services) seems to be excessive :) lol.

    Has anyone tried them and if so please report any feedback. In fact any
    thought or comments about them would be very much appreciated.

    They, (www.vigor.co.uk - as one route into their sites / services) provide
    landline calls throughout most of Europe, America and Australasia at 2p per
    call irrespective of duration. It just sounds very good, fun and interesting
    to me.... :) ..

    Thanks and best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Oct 30, 2006

  2. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Re: Vyke(.co.uk?) [CORRECTION] - Anyone tried them (yet)?

    Ooopsss....

    sorry I seem to also keep their name wrong (or at least this evening - lol!)

    Of course (drum roll / nod, etc.) .... lol.... should be :

    www.vyke.co.uk

    and they are called Vyke - lol :)

    News Reader, Oct 30, 2006

  3. News Reader

    Jono Guest

    Re: Vyke(.co.uk?) [CORRECTION] - Anyone tried them (yet)?

    News Reader explained on 30/10/2006 :

    > Ooopsss....

    Typing whilst under the influence?

    Jono, Oct 30, 2006
  4. Re: Vyke(.co.uk?) [CORRECTION] - Anyone tried them (yet)?

    > Ooopsss....
    >
    > sorry I seem to also keep their name wrong (or at least this evening -
    > lol!)
    >

    > Of course (drum roll / nod, etc.) .... lol.... should be :
    >

    > www.vyke.co.uk
    >
    > and they are called Vyke - lol :)

    Never heard of them before, and the Vyke Mobile thing sounds really good,
    except for one major problem - the rates! It's more expensive that just
    calling normally. UK Mobile to UK Mobile 27p/minute. That's not even
    remotely cheap!

    Carl Farrington, Oct 31, 2006
  5. News Reader

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:52:21 -0000, "News Reader" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >My amusement and interest in and with vigor.co.uk (SIP provider + other
    >services) seems to be excessive :) lol.
    >
    >Has anyone tried them and if so please report any feedback. In fact any
    >thought or comments about them would be very much appreciated.
    >
    >They, (www.vigor.co.uk - as one route into their sites / services) provide
    >landline calls throughout most of Europe, America and Australasia at 2p per
    >call irrespective of duration. It just sounds very good, fun and interesting
    >to me.... :) ..

    I couldn't get access to the server for that URL.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    25/10/2006:Symantec charge exactly as much in GB pounds as they do
    in US$ for the same Norton DOWNLOAD.
    It's goodbye Norton - hello free AVG until they stop ripping us off.
    Why should we be ripped off in the UK?

    Brian A, Oct 31, 2006
  6. News Reader

    Brian A Guest

    Re: Vyke(.co.uk?) [CORRECTION] - Anyone tried them (yet)?

    On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:53:49 -0000, "News Reader" <>
    wrote:

    >Ooopsss....
    >
    >sorry I seem to also keep their name wrong (or at least this evening - lol!)
    >

    >Of course (drum roll / nod, etc.) .... lol.... should be :
    >

    >www.vyke.co.uk
    >
    >and they are called Vyke - lol :)

    I couldn't find the 2p/call you mentioned in your first posting.
    The costs/minute are nothing special. I couldn't see why the 'Web
    Call' was double the cost/min of a soft phone call to Australia.
    There are better per minute rates elsewhere.

    Brian A, Oct 31, 2006
  7. News Reader

    Jono Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >>www.vyke.co.uk
    >>
    >>and they are called Vyke - lol :)

    > I couldn't find the 2p/call you mentioned in your first posting.

    It's mentioned on the front page
    https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/main.c?Distributor=VYKECOUK&Locale=7

    Look at the box entitled "Vyke PC" - at the bottom, below Typical Rates on
    Vyke PC, it says "Start up: 2p"

    Jono, Oct 31, 2006
  8. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Re: Vyke(.co.uk?) [CORRECTION] - Anyone tried them (yet)?

    Ooopsss....

    sorry I seem to also keep getting their name wrong (or at least this

    News Reader, Oct 31, 2006
  9. News Reader

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:47:44 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >"Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >>>www.vyke.co.uk
    >>>
    >>>and they are called Vyke - lol :)

    >> I couldn't find the 2p/call you mentioned in your first posting.

    >It's mentioned on the front page
    >https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/main.c?Distributor=VYKECOUK&Locale=7
    >
    >Look at the box entitled "Vyke PC" - at the bottom, below Typical Rates on
    >Vyke PC, it says "Start up: 2p"

    Thanks, I see it now and I understand what the 'web call' is. It is a
    sort of 'callback' service. That is why calls to Australia are twice
    the price of a 'PC call'. I would imagine that the 'PC call' could
    also be an ATA call. I can't find any SIP settings on the web
    site...I'm busy Googling. Yes, 2p/call is good!

    Brian A, Oct 31, 2006