    hardware. Any thoughts please?

    cheers
    BrianM
    trevor.ribbands, Nov 18, 2007

  2. On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 01:37:56 GMT, "trevor.ribbands" <>
    wrote in <news:p>:

    > After having first RTFM, I can't resolve the following fault and wonder if
    > this 2 yo monitor is munted.
    > After switching on, the contrast/brightness window comes on randomly and
    > turns both the contrast and brightness up full. Doesn't matter if I reset
    > it from the menu, it will come back and wind it up again. I can't disable
    > auto image adjusting if this is what it is.
    > Also, when in the menu, it will sometimes cycle thru the options on its
    > own volition.
    > I am using Mandriva 2007 - in drakconf the monitor is shown as plug n
    > play VX715. This model is not listed though in the "vendor" group, the
    > nearest being VC700-3 or VX800.
    > However, since this problem has only just started, I suspect it's the
    > hardware. Any thoughts please?
    >
    > cheers
    > BrianM

    Something causing the control buttons on the monitor to stick/jam
    physically? - e.g., something (book/s/?) leaning against it?

    --
    Nicolaas.

    .... When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their picket
    signs?
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 18, 2007

  3. On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:55:41 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 01:37:56 GMT, "trevor.ribbands" <>
    > wrote in <news:p>:
    >
    >> After having first RTFM, I can't resolve the following fault and wonder if
    >> this 2 yo monitor is munted.
    >> After switching on, the contrast/brightness window comes on randomly and
    >> turns both the contrast and brightness up full. Doesn't matter if I reset
    >> it from the menu, it will come back and wind it up again. I can't disable
    >> auto image adjusting if this is what it is.
    >> Also, when in the menu, it will sometimes cycle thru the options on its
    >> own volition.
    >> I am using Mandriva 2007 - in drakconf the monitor is shown as plug n
    >> play VX715. This model is not listed though in the "vendor" group, the
    >> nearest being VC700-3 or VX800.
    >> However, since this problem has only just started, I suspect it's the
    >> hardware. Any thoughts please?
    >>
    >> cheers
    >> BrianM

    > Something causing the control buttons on the monitor to stick/jam
    > physically? - e.g., something (book/s/?) leaning against it?

    No, the buttons are along the bottom of the front panel and are clear.
    Think it's more likely to be internal rather than external. cheers

    BrianM
    trevor.ribbands, Nov 18, 2007