    is there any way to stop it happening?
    TIA
    Badger

    Badger, Mar 1, 2010

  2. Badger

    thanatoid Guest

    "Badger" <> wrote in
    news:4b8b8fc8$:

    > I've Googled this extensively but have come up with
    > differing opinions. A recently purchased (second-hand)
    > monitor as above keeps popping up a message saying :Analog"
    > while in use. Does anyone know if this is normal and, if
    > so, is there any way to stop it happening?
    > TIA
    > Badger

    There are several sites with free user manual DL's for just
    about everything ever made for computers.
    Google.

    --
    The lonely child plays with eternity, while a gang of children
    plays with time.

    thanatoid, Mar 1, 2010

  3. Badger

    Mike Easter Guest

    Badger wrote:
    Subject: Viewsonic 721A Monitor

    No such monitor is listed at the viewsonic page for
    archived/discontinued products.

    > recently purchased (second-hand) monitor as above keeps popping up a message
    > saying :Analog" while in use.

    This is an incomplete description of a problem/condition.

    The monitor is not adequately identified, such as LCD or VGA connection
    or some other alternative.

    Analog is a normal monitor signal which isn't digital (doh). It would
    be 'logical' for some unknown monitor which might receive (either)
    analog or digital signal to announce (once) that its signal is analog.

    > Does anyone know if this is normal and, if so,
    > is there any way to stop it happening?

    Go to the viewsonic site and try to find your monitor in the listings
    for archived/discontinued models
    http://www.viewsonic.com/products/archive/

    Go to the wikipedia and read about computer monitors and analog and
    digital signals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_monitors

    <See the modern technology section there>

    Click the wikipedia connector links so that you can see various
    connections such as VGA and DVI and HDMI.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 1, 2010