    at?

    Maybe a day or so worth of webpages so I don't have to keep dialing up to
    check things?

    cowboyz, Oct 19, 2004

  2. cowboyz

    nick Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    news:cl456e$h46$...
    > How do I setup IE (or can I) to automatically save the last few webpages I
    > looked at so if I hang up the phone I can view the pages I was just
    > looking
    > at?
    >
    > Maybe a day or so worth of webpages so I don't have to keep dialing up to
    > check things?

    Install google desktop
    desktop.google.com
    Bloody Brilliant!!!

    nick, Oct 19, 2004

  3. cowboyz

    Nik Coughin Guest

    nick wrote:
    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I setup IE (or can I) to automatically save the last few
    >> webpages I looked at so if I hang up the phone I can view the pages
    >> I was just looking
    >> at?
    >>
    >> Maybe a day or so worth of webpages so I don't have to keep dialing
    >> up to check things?
    >>

    > Install google desktop
    > desktop.google.com
    > Bloody Brilliant!!!

    I'll second that. I hate Windows search with a vengeance. It's so nice
    being able to launch Google desktop, type a couple of words from a document
    hidden away somewhere on my disk and click the search result to open it. So
    many less clicks than navigating to the file through Windows Explorer, so
    much less time and effort than using Windows search.

    Nik Coughin, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Nik Coughin wrote:

    > nick wrote:
    >
    >>"cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>How do I setup IE (or can I) to automatically save the last few
    >>>webpages I looked at so if I hang up the phone I can view the pages
    >>>I was just looking
    >>>at?
    >>>
    >>>Maybe a day or so worth of webpages so I don't have to keep dialing
    >>>up to check things?
    >>>

    >>Install google desktop
    >>desktop.google.com
    >>Bloody Brilliant!!!

    > I'll second that. I hate Windows search with a vengeance. It's so nice
    > being able to launch Google desktop, type a couple of words from a document
    > hidden away somewhere on my disk and click the search result to open it. So
    > many less clicks than navigating to the file through Windows Explorer, so
    > much less time and effort than using Windows search.

    so fresh, so clean!!!
    Aint nothing as dope as it, it's just so fresh, so clean...
    so freash and so clean(echo clean)

    heh.

    but really, it is very good.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 20, 2004
  5. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    nick wrote:
    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I setup IE (or can I) to automatically save the last few
    >> webpages I looked at so if I hang up the phone I can view the pages
    >> I was just looking
    >> at?
    >>
    >> Maybe a day or so worth of webpages so I don't have to keep dialing
    >> up to check things?
    >>

    > Install google desktop
    > desktop.google.com
    > Bloody Brilliant!!!

    installed it. looks good. thanx for tip.

    cowboyz, Oct 20, 2004
  6. cowboyz

    Italian Jobs Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:05:44 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Nik Coughin wrote:
    >
    >> nick wrote:
    >>
    >>>"cowboyz" <> wrote in message

    >>>Install google desktop
    >>>desktop.google.com
    >>>Bloody Brilliant!!!

    >> I'll second that. I hate Windows search with a vengeance. It's so nice
    >> being able to launch Google desktop, type a couple of words from a document
    >> hidden away somewhere on my disk and click the search result to open it. So
    >> many less clicks than navigating to the file through Windows Explorer, so
    >> much less time and effort than using Windows search.

    >so fresh, so clean!!!
    >Aint nothing as dope as it, it's just so fresh, so clean...
    >so freash and so clean(echo clean)
    >
    >heh.
    >
    >but really, it is very good.

    So is there a catch? Its almost too good to be true :)

    Italian Jobs, Oct 20, 2004
  7. cowboyz

    Allistar Guest

    Italian Jobs <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:05:44 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Nik Coughin wrote:

    >>> I'll second that. I hate Windows search with a vengeance. It's so nice
    >>> being able to launch Google desktop, type a couple of words from a
    >>> document
    >>> hidden away somewhere on my disk and click the search result to open it.
    >>> So many less clicks than navigating to the file through Windows
    >>> Explorer, so much less time and effort than using Windows search.

    >>so fresh, so clean!!!
    >>Aint nothing as dope as it, it's just so fresh, so clean...
    >>so freash and so clean(echo clean)
    >>
    >>heh.
    >>
    >>but really, it is very good.

    > So is there a catch? Its almost too good to be true :)

    I think the catch is that you need to be running some form of Windows. Too
    bad for those who don't.

    Allistar, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Italian Jobs wrote:
    >>>I'll second that. I hate Windows search with a vengeance.

    >>but really, it is very good.

    > So is there a catch? Its almost too good to be true :)

    there doesnt seem to be, but yeah, there usually is a catch to things
    like this.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 20, 2004
  9. It seems like Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:13:54 +1300 was when Italian Jobs <>
    said Blah blah blah...

    >>but really, it is very good.

    >So is there a catch? Its almost too good to be true :)

    Wait until you see directed ads telling you about erotica when it
    finds the odd spam picture floating around your hard drive:)
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 22, 2004
  10. Waylon Kenning wrote:
    >>>but really, it is very good.

    >>So is there a catch? Its almost too good to be true :)

    > Wait until you see directed ads telling you about erotica when it
    > finds the odd spam picture floating around your hard drive:)

    amazingly I have no porn on my machine... no really, I dont.
    one of my mates used to have some on his, and the neighbours kid came
    along to play some games and found some files that he shouldn't have...
    since then, I have no porn, thats just not right to have it *that*
    accessible that kids can find it by mistake.
    I suppose I could set up a different user that has access to dirs that
    the others cant and put it in there, but well, I just dont care about
    porn, I have a wife to take care of that for me ;)

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  11. It seems like Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:03:58 +1300 was when "Dave -
    Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...

    >amazingly I have no porn on my machine... no really, I dont.
    >one of my mates used to have some on his, and the neighbours kid came
    >along to play some games and found some files that he shouldn't have...
    >since then, I have no porn, thats just not right to have it *that*
    >accessible that kids can find it by mistake.
    >I suppose I could set up a different user that has access to dirs that
    >the others cant and put it in there, but well, I just dont care about
    >porn, I have a wife to take care of that for me ;)

    Porn is interesting to think about for me. Before that's taken out of
    context, take a picture of a girl naked crying in black and white.
    That's art. Take a picture of a girl enjoying herself naked in colour,
    and that's porn. We had an acceptable computer use policy where I used
    to work that was against naked people, yet if I was to view those same
    naked people crying, that's art.

    Hence for me, porn is interesting to think about. Like cows. Here's a
    question for vegetarians out there, if cows weren't supposed to be
    eaten, why are they made of meat?:)
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 22, 2004
  12. cowboyz

    nick Guest

    "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > It seems like Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:03:58 +1300 was when "Dave -
    > Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>amazingly I have no porn on my machine... no really, I dont.
    >>one of my mates used to have some on his, and the neighbours kid came
    >>along to play some games and found some files that he shouldn't have...
    >>since then, I have no porn, thats just not right to have it *that*
    >>accessible that kids can find it by mistake.
    >>I suppose I could set up a different user that has access to dirs that
    >>the others cant and put it in there, but well, I just dont care about
    >>porn, I have a wife to take care of that for me ;)

    > Porn is interesting to think about for me. Before that's taken out of
    > context, take a picture of a girl naked crying in black and white.
    > That's art. Take a picture of a girl enjoying herself naked in colour,
    > and that's porn. We had an acceptable computer use policy where I used
    > to work that was against naked people, yet if I was to view those same
    > naked people crying, that's art.
    >
    > Hence for me, porn is interesting to think about. Like cows. Here's a
    > question for vegetarians out there, if cows weren't supposed to be
    > eaten, why are they made of meat?:)
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Waylon Kenning.

    You are made of meat, does that mean that we are meant to eat you ?
    But then a naked picture of you would be sad, and a naked picture of you
    crying would be a little sadder.

    nick, Oct 22, 2004
  13. cowboyz

    Damon Nomad Guest

    On , , Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:03:58 +1300, Re: viewing webpages
    offline, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >>>So is there a catch? Its almost too good to be true :)

    >> Wait until you see directed ads telling you about erotica when it
    >> finds the odd spam picture floating around your hard drive:)

    >amazingly I have no porn on my machine... no really, I dont.
    >one of my mates used to have some on his, and the neighbours kid came
    >along to play some games and found some files that he shouldn't have...
    >since then, I have no porn, thats just not right to have it *that*
    >accessible that kids can find it by mistake.
    >I suppose I could set up a different user that has access to dirs that
    >the others cant and put it in there, but well, I just dont care about
    >porn, I have a wife to take care of that for me ;)

    Your wife finds pr0n for you? Or does she get pr0n pictures taken
    for you?
    Has she got any sisters? <G>

    Damon Nomad, Oct 22, 2004
  14. cowboyz

    Damon Nomad Guest

    On , , Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:29:58 +1300, Re: viewing webpages
    offline, Waylon Kenning <>
    wrote:

    >Hence for me, porn is interesting to think about. Like cows. Here's a
    >question for vegetarians out there, if cows weren't supposed to be
    >eaten, why are they made of meat?:)

    The two statements don't have anything to do with each other.

    Damon Nomad, Oct 22, 2004

    Im glad that someone said that :)

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  16. Damon Nomad wrote:
    >>amazingly I have no porn on my machine... no really, I dont.
    >>one of my mates used to have some on his, and the neighbours kid came
    >>along to play some games and found some files that he shouldn't have...
    >>since then, I have no porn, thats just not right to have it *that*
    >>accessible that kids can find it by mistake.
    >>I suppose I could set up a different user that has access to dirs that
    >>the others cant and put it in there, but well, I just dont care about
    >>porn, I have a wife to take care of that for me ;)

    > Your wife finds pr0n for you? Or does she get pr0n pictures taken
    > for you?
    > Has she got any sisters? <G>

    well it's nice to see you are full of humour rather than shit :)

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  17. It seems like Sat, 23 Oct 2004 09:42:45 +1300 was when "nick"
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >You are made of meat, does that mean that we are meant to eat you ?

    If you so feel inclined. Man cannot live on soybean and wheatgerm
    alone!

    >But then a naked picture of you would be sad, and a naked picture of you
    >crying would be a little sadder.

    Haha, I agree:) If you ever end up with naked pictures of me, I'd be
    crying.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 23, 2004
  18. It seems like Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:13:59 +1300 was when Damon Nomad
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >>Hence for me, porn is interesting to think about. Like cows. Here's a
    >>question for vegetarians out there, if cows weren't supposed to be
    >>eaten, why are they made of meat?:)

    >The two statements don't have anything to do with each other.

    Yeah they do, they're both interesting for me to think about, hence a
    link.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 23, 2004
  19. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    > It seems like Sat, 23 Oct 2004 09:42:45 +1300 was when "nick"
    > <> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    > >You are made of meat, does that mean that we are meant to eat you ?

    > If you so feel inclined. Man cannot live on soybean and wheatgerm
    > alone!
    >
    > >But then a naked picture of you would be sad, and a naked picture of you
    > >crying would be a little sadder.

    > Haha, I agree:) If you ever end up with naked pictures of me, I'd be
    > crying.
    > --

    But many would be laughing.

    cowboyz, Oct 23, 2004
  20. It seems like Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:45:38 +1300 was when "cowboyz"
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >But many would be laughing.

    For the sake of your and everyone here's amusement, I'd be charging
    very high royalties on those pictures to at least make some money out
    of that predicament:)
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.