    An example being auto enhance which looks great on screen turning a drab
    shot into something brighter but when printed looks almost over bleached.

    Phil

    Phil, Dec 21, 2003

  2. On 2003-12-21, Phil <> wrote:
    > I have a cheap flat panel AOC 17" and recently started to view lots of
    > photos to tweak and use on colour print outs. Anytips on how I can ensure
    > what I see on screen is what will be on the final print out? On my old
    > monitor CRT 17" using PhotoImpact 8 software and auto fixes it didn't seem
    > to be a problem but with my new monitor I have to be much more careful.
    >
    > An example being auto enhance which looks great on screen turning a drab
    > shot into something brighter but when printed looks almost over bleached.

    Try reading in one of your old pictures, and adjust the monitor
    so that it will look the same on screen and on the print.

    Povl H. Pedersen, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Phil

    Peter Aitken Guest

    "Phil" <reply to group> wrote in message
    > I have a cheap flat panel AOC 17" and recently started to view lots of
    > photos to tweak and use on colour print outs. Anytips on how I can ensure
    > what I see on screen is what will be on the final print out? On my old
    > monitor CRT 17" using PhotoImpact 8 software and auto fixes it didn't seem
    > to be a problem but with my new monitor I have to be much more careful.
    >
    > An example being auto enhance which looks great on screen turning a drab
    > shot into something brighter but when printed looks almost over bleached.
    >
    > Phil

    I have read in numerous places that flat panel monitors are not good for
    critical graphics work because of this sort of problem. If you are stuck
    using this monitor, make sure the proper color correction profile is in use.
    You may need to mess around with gamma too.

    --
    Peter Aitken

    Peter Aitken, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "Peter Aitken" <> wrote in message
    > "Phil" <reply to group> wrote in message
    > > I have a cheap flat panel AOC 17" and recently started to view lots of
    > > photos to tweak and use on colour print outs. Anytips on how I can

    ensure
    > > what I see on screen is what will be on the final print out? On my old
    > > monitor CRT 17" using PhotoImpact 8 software and auto fixes it didn't

    seem
    > > to be a problem but with my new monitor I have to be much more careful.
    > >
    > > An example being auto enhance which looks great on screen turning a drab
    > > shot into something brighter but when printed looks almost over

    bleached.

    > > Phil
    > >

    > I have read in numerous places that flat panel monitors are not good for
    > critical graphics work because of this sort of problem. If you are stuck
    > using this monitor, make sure the proper color correction profile is in

    use.
    > You may need to mess around with gamma too.
    >

    > --
    > Peter Aitken

    Over the holiday period I will be exploring in more detail as I have a 17"
    CRT on my second system. Looks like trial and error!

    Phil

    Phil, Dec 22, 2003