    everything to convert this into the video or movie that was attached but
    always get the same scrambled text message. Can anyone help me?

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Jim

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:24:23 GMT, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >I subscribe to several Newsgroups that contain pictures and receiving the
    >pictures works well, however, when I come to a posting that contains an
    >attachment that is a movie or video file, all I get is a long text message
    >that is totally screwed up, just a bunch of random characters. I have tried
    >everything to convert this into the video or movie that was attached but
    >always get the same scrambled text message. Can anyone help me?
    >
    >Jim

    It could be combine, multiple or yEnc files.

    Combine:
    "xxx.mpg" (01/50) tells us this is part 1 of 50 parts.
    Use "Combine and Decode" to join:
    Highlight the files you want to combine & decode.
    (Click the first, hold "Shift" or "Control"
    to select the rest of the group)
    From Outlook: Select "Message", "Combine & Decode"

    Multiple:
    For multiple files (xxx.mpg.001, xxx.mpg.002, etc):
    "xxx.mpg.050" tells us this is part 50 of the file but we have
    no idea how many parts are needed unless there is also a "xxx.bat"
    file which is the stand-alone joiner, and lists the number of files
    in the set. To join without "xxx.bat", you MUST have "xxx.mpg.001".
    "xxx.mpg.001" is the first file of the set and the rest of the set will be
    appended to it as "xxx.mpg". If "xxx.mpg.000" is missing, the joined
    set may not be complete as "xxx.mpg.000" has the checksum and
    the number of parts needed to make a complete file.

    Save all the files to a folder, then combine them with the
    "xxx.bat". If "xxx.bat" is missing, then use one of the below
    programs to join the files using "xxx.mpg.001" as the start file.
    "MasterSplitter" http://www.tomasoft.com or
    "HJ-Split" http://freebyte.com/hjsplit/ or
    "Just Another Splitter" http://www.jas-etc.com or
    "GSplit" http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/

    "r00" is a piece of a split WinRAR file. It's a compression file similar
    to Winzip. You need the first part "xxxx.rar" to expand the set.
    http://www.rarlab.com

    Download ALL the parts, DON'T "join" this type of file. Save the parts,
    then double click "xxxx.rar" to begin the decompression.

    "p01" is a PAR file used for correcting errors.
    Par files are used to rebuild missing files in a spanned archive.
    Smart Par
    http://www.disc-chord.com/smartpar/
    http://www.disc-chord.com/smartpar/info.html
    http://ice.prohosting.com/smartpar/releases/SmartPAR_0.11d1.zip
    http://www.geocities.com/smartpar_1/smartpar.zip

    SmartPar Tutorial
    http://www.smr-usenet.com/tutor/smartpar.shtml
    http://www.slyck.com/smartpar.php
    http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=6

    What is yEnc?
    http://www.yenc.org/whatis.htm

    yEnc links and information:
    http://www.brawnylads.com/yproxy
    http://www.smr-usenet.com/software/misc.shtml Download
    "The Yenc utilities". They include yencpowerpost,
    yenc for Agent, ydecode, yencode and more
    http://www.yenc.org
    http://code.blitzaffe.com/delphi/
    http://www.uwekeller.de/index.html...giganews free newsreader
    http://www.co.jyu.fi/~ap/bnr.html freeware

    40tude Dialog (Freeware)
    http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

    Agent newsreader is probably the best, and well worth the money.
    http://www.forteinc.com

    Unk, Apr 8, 2005

  3. "Jim" <> wrote in message
    >I subscribe to several Newsgroups that contain pictures and receiving the
    > pictures works well, however, when I come to a posting that contains an
    > attachment that is a movie or video file, all I get is a long text message
    > that is totally screwed up, just a bunch of random characters. I have
    > tried
    > everything to convert this into the video or movie that was attached but
    > always get the same scrambled text message. Can anyone help me?
    >
    > Jim

    It is either:
    Split into several files/posts of which you need all the components
    so as to be able to: "decode and combine" -
    In google, Type: "decode and combine, Outlook express"
    you will receive all the info you require.
    OR.
    It is a file type your client cannot decode, or you do not have the
    required codecs installed, and/or the apt media player.
    Example being Y-enc type image files, OE won't be able to view
    them.

    PornPostQustion, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Jim

    Ionizer Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    >I subscribe to several Newsgroups that contain pictures and receiving the
    > pictures works well, however, when I come to a posting that contains an
    > attachment that is a movie or video file, all I get is a long text
    > message
    > that is totally screwed up, just a bunch of random characters. I have
    > tried
    > everything to convert this into the video or movie that was attached but
    > always get the same scrambled text message. Can anyone help me?

    You're better off using something other than Outlook Express for that.

    Here is a good overview of how to use the binaries newsgroups, including
    news reader recommendations: http://www.slyck.com/ng.php

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Apr 8, 2005