    videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
    recommended for viewing/editing those videos?

    Thanks in advance.
    Harpocrates, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Harpocrates

    Bigguy Guest

    Quicktime does this....

    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

    Guy

    Bigguy, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Harpocrates

    Al Dykes Guest

    In article <>,
    Harpocrates <> wrote:
    >I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
    >videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
    >recommended for viewing/editing those videos?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    There must be usenet groups for digital video, this is the first
    question I've seen in this group for moving video.

    I know video people that like Adobe Premiere Elements (about $100). I
    don't know that there is any free/shareware for video.
    --

    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
    Al Dykes, Feb 6, 2005
  4. On 6 Feb 2005 07:59:33 -0500, (Al Dykes) wrote:

    >There must be usenet groups for digital video, this is the first
    >question I've seen in this group for moving video.

    There is rec.video.desktop, which would be a better bet.

    I think quicktime can decode MP4 video.

    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net
    Christopher Pollard, Feb 6, 2005
  5. Harpocrates

    andre Guest

    Harpocrates wrote:
    > I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
    > videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
    > recommended for viewing/editing those videos?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    www.videolan.org/vlc
    in my opinion the best player around, doesn't even need codecs
    (everything is programmed into the player)

    --
    http://www.aguntherphotography.com
    andre, Feb 6, 2005