    monitor on its side to make it look like it is normal . Can anyone tell me
    what I have to do or go to so it would be back to normal Thanks to all in
    advance. Tommy

    Tommy, Dec 3, 2007

  2. Tommy

    samuel Guest

    "Tommy" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I turned on my computer and all the icons are on its side and
    > the task bar is also on the side not bottom. To explain more
    > clearly I have to put the monitor on its side to make it look
    > like it is normal . Can anyone tell me what I have to do or
    > go to so it would be back to normal Thanks to all in advance.
    > Tommy

    did you try to drag them where you want them to be

    samuel, Dec 3, 2007

  3. Tommy

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:13:08 -0500, Tommy wrote:

    > I turned on my computer and all the icons are on its side and the task bar
    > is also on the side not bottom. To explain more clearly I have to put the
    > monitor on its side to make it look like it is normal . Can anyone tell me
    > what I have to do or go to so it would be back to normal Thanks to all in
    > advance. Tommy

    click and hold the button down as you move the mouse towards the bottom,
    release. Then it should be normal.

    richard, Dec 3, 2007
  4. Tommy

    Tommy Guest

    Yes I tried that. . It is viewing like I am looking at the entire screen
    side ways from left to right not normal Now the icons are side ways and the
    task bar is on the left side of the screen . Think as though you are viewing
    everything sideways and when I turn the entire monitor on the side
    everything looks normal. It is not a drag problem. Hope you can help more

    Tommy, Dec 3, 2007
  5. Tommy

    Tommy Guest

    This did not work either> Any other suggestions. Thanks Tommy

    Tommy, Dec 3, 2007
  6. Tommy

    Shel-hed Guest

    Rt click on your desktop-properties. settings advanced
    Poke around. Someone has rotated your screen.
    Also check your monitor manual.

    Shel-hed, Dec 3, 2007
  7. Tommy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    First of all it depends on your graphic adapter. Try these keyboard
    shortcuts

    Ctrl+Alt+F12: invoke the graphics properties
    Ctrl+Alt+Up: rotate screen 180 degrees
    Ctrl+Alt+Left: rotate screen left 90 degrees
    Ctrl+Alt+Down: rotate screen 0 degrees
    Ctrl+Alt+Right: rotate screen right 90 degrees

    If those don't work you can follow the next steps:
    1. Right click on Desktop
    2. Select Properties
    3. Click on the Settings tab on the upper side of the window that appears
    4. Click the Advanced button on the bottom right side of the window
    5. Select the Rotation tab in the new window
    6. Select the option to rotate from there.

    pcbutts1, Dec 3, 2007
  8. Tommy

    SgtMinor Guest

    Tommy wrote:
    > I turned on my computer and all the icons are on its side and the task bar
    > is also on the side not bottom. To explain more clearly I have to put the
    > monitor on its side to make it look like it is normal . Can anyone tell me
    > what I have to do or go to so it would be back to normal Thanks to all in
    > advance. Tommy

    Intel video card? If so, check this out:
    http://internetducttape.com/2006/08...onitor-display-turns-sideways-or-upside-down/

    SgtMinor, Dec 3, 2007
  9. Tommy

    JANA Guest

    Are you for real???

    Or did you move everything around on your desktop? Do a Google search for,
    "move taskbar".

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Dec 3, 2007
  10. Tommy

    thanatoid Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in

    > Are you for real???
    >
    > Or did you move everything around on your desktop? Do a
    > Google search for, "move taskbar".

    He is either having us all on or he is not literate enough to
    properly explain what the problem actually is.

    OP:
    If you ARE for real, make a screenshot and post it somewhere.
    Google to find out how and where.

    thanatoid, Dec 3, 2007
  11. Tommy wrote:

    > I turned on my computer and all the icons are on its side and the task bar
    > is also on the side not bottom. To explain more clearly I have to put the
    > monitor on its side to make it look like it is normal . Can anyone tell
    > me what I have to do or go to so it would be back to normal Thanks to all
    > in advance. Tommy

    You probably have some blue (intel) or red (ati) or greenish (nvidia) icon
    in your system tray (now lower left side) where you can right-click on and
    select something like "display orientation". Someone/something has ticked
    the "rotate 90 degrees" setting :)

    wisdomkiller & pain, Dec 3, 2007